Latest Vacancies at Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) 2018
The Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) was established in the United Kingdom in 1997 and subsequently registered in Lagos – Nigeria in 1999 as an independent, not-for-profit, research, training, advocacy and capacity building organisation.
The Centre was established to mobilise global opinion and resources for democratic development and provide an independent space to reflect critically on the challenges posed to the democratization and development processes in West Africa, and also to provide alternatives and best practices to the sustenance of democracy and development in the region
We require Interns to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant (Service to Developing a Human Rights Guideline/ Manual for Identification and Documentation Human Rights Violation in Conflict Zones)
In response to the existing gap in engaging local actors in the process of documenting such cases of human rights violations, the Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD), is therefore seeking for a consultant to engage in the development of a Human Rights Identification and Documentation Guideline/manual for reporting cases of human rights abuses in conflict zones/situation by both state and non-state actors across LCB
The guideline/manual will serve as a working tool for both state and non-state actors (especially local CSOs/CBOs and the Media) in identifying, documenting and reporting all sorts of human rights violations in conflict areas (covering extremist violence situations) and will also serve a training tool for building the capacity of relevant stakeholders/local actors including civil societies, journalist/media institutions in reporting human rights violations
- Preferably minimum of PhD in Conflict and Security Studies, Human Rights, Social Science or any other related courses to Human rights issues and conflict or with at least five years of relevant post-graduate experience;
- At least ten to fifteen years of experience in designing and development of working tools, guidelines and training manuals in the sector
- Ability to design and develop guidelines and training manuals
- Knowledge of the thematic issue and context (Human Rights, Conflict and extremist Violence, relevant state and non-state actors and lake chad region)
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Excellent interpersonal skills; teamwork and practical field experience in the sector
- Excellent communications skills, proven both in writing and verbally.
- The Consultant to be hired will engage in developing the Guideline and work with CDD and other stakeholders in the process of reviewing and validating the guideline/manual for documentation, reporting and capacity building on human rights violations in conflict zones
Scope of the Assignment:
- Develop methodology framework and outline for the development of the Guideline for documentation of human rights violations in conflict zones
- Develop the guideline/manual based on the reviewed outline and methodology
- Engage in the process of reviewing and validating the content of the guideline
- Finalise the guideline/manual based on the outputs of the review and validation process
In response to the existing gap in the use of digital platform to document, report and make available cases of Human Rights Violations by local actors. Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) is therefore seeking for a consultant or reputable IT Institution to engage in the development of a secured online platform (website) for this purpose.
Scope of the Assignment
- Design and develop online platform for documentation, reporting/making accessible cases of human rights violations in conflict zones
- Engage in the process of reviewing and validating the architecture/structure of the online platform with CDD and relevant stakeholders
- Facilitate the initial content update and capacity building for relevant personnel and stakeholders to be engaged with the platform on day to day activities
- Develop working guideline/handbook for updating of cases on the platform among other needful responsibilities
- Engage in the periodic maintenance of the website/platform
- Evidence based capacity in developing online platforms/websites for such engagements (previous work/platform will be needed)
Deadline: 17th January, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter and recent Curriculum Vitae to: email@example.com copying firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Applications received by individuals that have submitted all the required documentation will be reviewed by a panel committee, only successful applicant will be notified within 3 working days from the closure of this advert.