Sahel Capital Partners & Advisory Limited (SCPAL) is a leading management consulting firm focused on the agricultural and nutrition sectors in Africa. We partner with government agencies, private sector companies and leading international development organisation to conduct research, analyse policies, develop strategies and implement programs that promote sustainable food security and improved nutrition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Officer
- The Communications Officer is responsible for implementation of the company’s branding, presentations and communications strategy.
- The position will involve media, presentations, blogging, industry-specific conferences, sales and marketing activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and manage content (images, video and written).
- Conduct online advocacy
- Develop and expand community and/ or blogger outreach efforts
- Design (i.e. website, social media, newsletter, brochures, books, communication materials etc.)
- Design templates for consulting reports and presentations
- Design, create and manage promotions and campaigns
- Organize social media events for the company on key issues related to agriculture and nutrition
- Drive efforts to build the brand and create broad-based awareness in the public domain
- Monitor online ratings and respond accordingly.
- Monitor trends in Social Media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Identify threats and opportunities in user generated content surrounding the business. Report notable threats to appropriate management.
- Monitor effective benchmarks (best practices) for measuring the impact of Social Media campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Any other responsibility assigned by management.
Minimum Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Communications, Marketing, Business Administration, New Media or Public Relations.
- Proven working experience in social media or related field.
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge.
- Adequate knowledge of web design, web development, Conversion Rate Optimisation and Search Engine Optimisation is an added advantage.
- Strong graphic design skills
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels.
- Positive attitude, good team player, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organisational ability.
- Highly flexible and ability to set priorities
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of French is an advantage.
Job Title: Field Coordinator
About the Project
- The Nigerian Dairy Development Program (NDDP) is geared towards improving the livelihoods of smallholder dairy farmers in Nigeria by improving the productivity of their cattle and integrating them into the formal dairy value chain in Nigeria
- The Project also includes a nutrition component and a gender component geared towards improving nutrition outcomes and promoting women empowerment in smallholder farming communities.
- This project is implemented by Sahel Capital Partners & Advisory Ltd. and a consortium of other partners
- The project seeks to boost the yields and incomes of smallholder farmers, increase nutrition outcomes and empower women involved in agriculture in Africa.
- The Field Coordinator will ensure high quality implementation of Sahel projects in Southwest Nigeria
- He/she will lead the planning, coordination of, management and reporting of project activities at the state and local level, engaging with key stakeholders on the one hand and reporting to Sahel’s Program Management Office (PMO) on the other hand with the objective of achieving projects’ goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Program Implementation
- Coordinate field activities, ensuring adherence to technical standards, best practices and donor guidelines.
- Lead the engagement with the implementing partners, service providers and other key stakeholders including federal, state and local governments and other entities involved in the program’s activities to deliver on the targets for the program
- In coordination with the Sahel PMO, facilitate the development of project strategies, plan technical capacity building interventions, activities and policies related to increasing the production and productivity of smallholder dairy farmers. Documentation, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Abide by Sahel’s procedures and policies for compliance, including financial, procurement etc.
- Support program managers in management process to implementing partners and contractors. Ensure effective utilization of project funds by grantees.
- Support the Program Manager in planning, reviewing and tracking progress on project, implementation as well as on the utilization of project resources, effective financial management and reporting.
- Assist the Program Manager in preparing quarterly and annual progress reports
- Report on follow up, trainings, support provided to groups, monitoring and evaluation activities
- Document success stories and case studies.
- Maintain up to date documentation related to project approval, monitoring and implementation.
- Building daily progress reports into quarterly, annual and final reports and respond to the queries related to project particularly technical aspects of the project.
- Ensure that all project documentation is well organized and easy to access on the portal.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Animal Production and Health, Veterinary Services, Livestock Management, Agriculture or related field with 3 at least years relevant experience at field level of community development with a strong understanding of social development
- Strong networks with key stakeholders in the agriculture landscape in both the public, private and development sector. Experience in collaborating and managing relationships with federal and state governments, donors, private sector and other key stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, training and facilitation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent personal organizational skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- High level of interpersonal skills with the ability to work across cultures and religions, with strong communication and listening abilities, good problem-solving approach and conflict resolution at individual and community level
- Strong program management skills and high level of analytical skills in planning and project Implementation
- Ability to be flexible, respond professionally, and establish priorities in often fluid, changing, and challenging situations with little clear guidance is necessary.
- Ability to work calmly, tactfully, and effectively under pressure and to demonstrate extreme flexibility in managing more than one activity.
- Sound knowledge of local environment
- Willingness and enthusiasm for working with rural and vulnerable communities living in remote areas of the country.
- Proficiency in the English language (required) and Yoruba and Hausa (preferred)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word-formatted single document consisting of their Cover letter, CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org Identify the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
- Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications.
- Applicants are strongly advised not to do phone calls.