General Electric (GE) is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Manager
Ref No: 3042761
Job Function: Manufacturing
Business Segment: Power Power Services
- Perform the daily operations of plants to ensure reliability and consistency on the production line. Includes Service Shops. Requires mastery of a body of theoretical knowledge.
- Requires developed and strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant technologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University or College (or a High School Diploma/GED with at least 4 years of experience in Manufacturing)/or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 additional years of experience in Operation Management
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
- Manage an operation, business, unit, or part of a production facility in order to reach defined targets in quality, cost, delivery and safety.
- Works together with business leadership at SPB and EB level.
- Specifies needs, communicates about project approach and presents outcomes of research done.
- Delivers products as part of a team.
- Works on cross functional teams. Alternatively: Leads analytical and design activities using proven technologies and vested approaches and methods.
- Ensure continuous business improvement according to benchmarks and standards.
- Team management of salaried employees. This does not include production supervisors who oversee hourly employees.
- Develops new solutions under guidance and/or in a team setting or based upon precedents in the organizations.