Merck is a global science and technology company with a passion for forward-thinking discoveries. We want to develop products and solutions for a better life. That’s why we take a closer look at things, ask questions and think ahead. We’ve been around for almost 350 years, yet the great majority of our shares are still held by the descendants of Friedrich Jacob Merck, the man who founded our company in Darmstadt in 1668.
A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Job Title: Sales Manager
Who you are
- •University Degree (Life Sciences or Engineering preferred)
- •7 years of experience and solid knowledge of the pharmaceutical production process; either by working in or selling to the pharma market
- •Entrepreneurial Spirit, Strong financial acumen and negotiating skills; able to use a variety of negotiation tools and engage customers to multi-year contract/commitment
- •Fluency in English required
- •Effective in project management and leadership in matrixed environments
- As the sales manager for bioprocessing division at Merck Nigeria you will be responsible for the delivery and orchestration of sales activity in a defined territory both directly and by coordinating distributors and internal resources such as technical specialists and sales support within the pharma and beverage segments.
- You will work in collaboration with Field Marketing and Sales Development, to develop and implement specific Plans of Action that support strategies for accounts and markets in the region. You will also act as a project leader, focal point and decision maker concerning all organizational and business topics related to the region.
- You will develop and recommend a comprehensive sales plan about the area ofgrowth, defining market share, opportunities for growth, manpower requirements, and key target accounts.
- You will also influence the development of relationships with customers and maintain contact and rapport with employees, customers, and prospects within assigned areas. The territory might be expanded to neighboring countries in the future.
What we offer:
At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!