Kennedia Consulting is a cost-effective professional services firm in West Africa region. We are a company that provide qualitative consulting and outsourcing services to our esteemed clients and have continuously kept ourselves “ahead of the curve”.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Expediter
Division/Department: Supply Chain Operations
Reports to: Materials Planner
- Tracking of shipments of all overseas cargos and communicate on ETA & EDD.
- Continuously monitor purchase order status, expedite where there seem to be delays thereby ensuring that goods and services are made available at the right time to end-users.
- Liaises with user department from PR to PO as well as effective communication with supplier (to meet delivery deadlines.
- Preparing necessary, relevant and accurate reports as it relates to import/export and managing the filing system on all overseas and local PO transactions.
- Issue delivery schedule to suppliers and communicate delivery plans to the warehouse team for effective offloading activities to achieve zero demurrage.
- Coordinate & assist Finance (Accounts Payable) in case of problem invoices, by communicating with the vendor to ensure Invoice submission and payment as well as payment related issues resolution.
- Follow-up with end users/vendors to obtain delivery note, and arrange for Goods Received Note (GRN) wherever goods/services are received/completed ensuring that the periodical reports run reflect a realistic picture of the situation.
- To provide effective liaison between site, office and vendors in order to ensure the smooth delivery of materials as per the site program.
- Update information on existing purchase orders, adding remarks for possible causes if delays were anticipated to keep the Purchasing Management and User departments abreast of the situation.
- Run reports regularly from ERP (Navision) to assess the status of Purchase Orders and coordinate with the concerned buyer to expedite delivery and resolve issues if any.
- Communicate/Correspond with the vendors and user departments effectively as and when required to find out possible causes for delay in orders, delivery of incorrect items, incomplete delivery etc. and help in resolving same in the best interests of the organization.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Line Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- This role is within the Supply Chain department and is responsible for managing data for both local deliveries and international shipments and provide support for many steps of the documentation, clearing and conveyance process and procedure on import/export and local deliveries.
- An Expediter must be able to communicate effectively as the job primarily involves liaising with clients and use departments.
- Will be responsible for providing support to the Supply Chain Procurement team by way of monitoring Purchase Order Status and expediting to ensure prompt and accurate delivery of goods & services.
The person who plays this role should have the following competencies:
- High level of education and experience within an office environment.
- Knowledge of Port operations, Customs, import export process
- High numerical skills
- Must be able to operate Microsoft Office and be familiar with any other software pertinent to the industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Excellent computer proficiency (ERP: DYNAMICS 365 / NAVISION, MS Office – Word, Excel PowerPoint, Outlook etc.).
- Must be organized and logical, willing to adapt quickly to changing policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work as part of a team in a fast paced and pressured environment, communicating effectively with both colleagues and clients and following verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to efficiently solve problems relating to sales, finance and transportation of goods in locations both national and overseas.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org Using “Supply Chain Expediter” as the subject of the mail.