Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Leader, Mobilising Data for Anti-Corruption
Project Overview and Role
- Palladium is seeking an experienced Team Leader to lead DfID’s upcoming programme, Mobilising Data for Anti-Corruption (MoDAC).
- The Mobilising Data for Anti-Corruption (MoDAC) programme will take place in Nigeria and Ghana in the first year then potentially scaling up to include Kenya and Tanzania from the second year onwards.
- The programme aims to improve the quality and use of corruption data, over a four-year period, to increase the number of high-level sanctions, penalties and prosecutions in corruption cases.
- The programme will fund partnerships between professional users of anti-corruption data in law enforcement, civil society, the media and private sector.
- These partnerships will ‘follow the data’ on specific corruption cases or high corruption risk events.
- Main activities of the programme will include grant management, technical assistance, capacity building, as well as collecting and collecting and refining data for dissemination and use.
- Educated to university degree level or above, preferably holding a Master’s degree
- At least 10 years’ experience in supporting relevant project/team management
- Experience working with key government departments and/or institutions involved in anti-corruption
- Experience managing donor (preferably DFID) funded programmes
- Strong expertise in building and managing programmatic relationships with high level stakeholders from government, civil society and donors
- Strong expertise in leading complex programmes, including managing and mentoring senior members of staff
- Strong experience in managing complex teams
- Fluency in English (both written and oral)
- Demonstrated flexibility, creativity and enthusiasm as well as a willingness to be continually adaptive within a dynamic environment
- Working experience in one or more of Nigeria, Ghana, Tanzania and Kenya
- Understanding of open data and data management systems
- The Team Leader acts as the central point of leadership for the programme.
- The Team Leader will be responsible for representing the programme with a range of partners, government stakeholders and external organisations and individuals, including regularly reporting to DFID, and maintaining strong working relationships with other DFID anti-corruption programmes
- Develop strong working relationships with the programme’s contact points in each of the countries’ Government, DFID and other donor programmes in the anti-corruption space, and leading on reporting to them, through both formal and informal channels.
- Manage relationships with the host country governments, counterpart agencies, project partners and stakeholders and business partners.
- Develop strong working relationships with the leadership of other development programmes, in particular DFID’s and exploit complementarities and synergies between MoDAC and them where possible, as well as encourage learning processes among them.
- Develop strong working relationships and a regular dialogue on programme progress and challenges with relevant Palladium staff.
Program Leadership and Management:
- Provide overall guidance and strategic direction to all aspects of the programme, ensuring that activities are implemented to a high quality within expected timeframes and expected results are achieved;
- Lead the preparation of the annual strategic plans; oversee the Deputy Team Leader (DTL) in the development of technical and operational work plans as well as budgets, staffing plans, performance improvement plans and other plans as required;
- Ensure appropriate consultation in the development of plans and budgets (including consultation with the Project Director, Operations Team, the client, and other project stakeholders);
- Assume overall responsibility for the effective implementation of work plans and ensure delivery is on time, within budget, meets client and stakeholder expectations and is contractually compliant;
- Monitor implementation progress; maintain up to date risk registers; work to resolve issues, manage and mitigate risks; and escalate material issues and risks as appropriate;
- Lead with the Technical Director in the preparation of work plans and budgets; staffing plans; performance improvement plans and other plans as required.
Deadline: 31st January, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online