The Governing Council of the Kwara State University, Malete, hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: University Librarian
Location: Malete, Kwara
- The University Librarian is a Principal Officer of the University, responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the Administration of the University Library and coordination of all Library services in the University, (i.e. in the Main Library and in Libraries across all campuses of the University).
- The University Librarian is a member of the University Management Committee.
- As an Academic Staff, the University Librarian will be required to provide both Academic and Administrative Leadership to staff in the University Library.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- The candidate, who must have had a minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate experience, should possess at least a Master’s Degree in Library Science. A Doctorate Degree will be an added advantage.
- The candidate must show evidence of substantial contribution to knowledge through research and scholarly publications in reputable Journals.
- In addition, the candidate should demonstrate proficiency in management and administration, capability to initiate important research and be knowledgeable in the application of Computer technology to Library operations and services.
- The University recently won the world renowned Hans Zell Publishing electronic collections on publishing, information resources on Africa and African studies and the new librarian must present efficient plans to manage them for effective global access.
- The candidates must understand clearly the concept and ideals of a Twenty-First Century academic library serving a research-intensive University and a culturally progressive Nigeria region/state and be well grounded in the idea of managing, among others, the KWASU’s Global Age Main library, which has attained 95% construction on Malete capus.
- The duration of appointment of University Librarian is for a single term of five (5) years in the first instance with eligibility for re-appointment for a second and final term of five (5) years.
The successful candidate will be entitled to the salary and other conditions of service as are applicable to the University Librarian in a University.
Deadline: 12th February, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward fifteen (15) copies each of their applications and current Curriculum Vitae which should be in the format below:
- Full names (Surname Last in Block Letters)
- Post Applied for
- Marital Status
- Number of Children and their ages
- Place of Birth
- Nationality and State of Origin (if Nigerian)
- Local Government Area
- Contact address
- Permanent Home address
- GSM Numbers and e-mail address
- Institution(s) attended with dates
- Academic and Professional qualifications with dates
- Working Experience with dates
- Present Employment status, salary and employer
- Extra Curricula activities
- Names and Addresses of three (3) referees (two of whom must be professionals or authorities in relevant fields) who must be requested by the applicant to forward Confidential Reports on them directly to the Registrar, indicating the post applied for.
All applications should be addressed to:
Kwara State University, Malete,
- The post applied for should be indicated at the left side corner of a sealed envelope.
- Only the applications of shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.