Vacancy for Supply Chain Manager at eHealth Africa (eHA) in Abuja
eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings, and smartly uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
Summary of Job
- The Supply Chain Manager is involved in planning, coordinating, purchasing, warehousing, distribution, or financial forecasting services or activities to limit costs and improve accuracy, customer service, or safety. Examine existing procedures or opportunities for streamlining activities to meet product distribution needs.
- Direct the movement, storage, or processing of inventory.
- This role will be performed inline within the established country and state policies, procedures and guidelines and s/he will perform other related work as required.
- The Supply chain manager will report to and work closely with the Operations Manager.
- A Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, business administration or finance from an accredited college or university is relevant to this position.
- Five years of full-time or equivalent part-time experience in supply chain management or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Good analytical and planning skills to establish supply requirements
- Ability to plan, organize and manage the activities of a team
- Ability to enforce standards and find ways of improving efficiency or reducing cost
- Ability to use spreadsheets, databases and other IT programmes
- Ability to develop effective communication processes
- Ability to build mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers so that the entire supply chain works in a cooperative way
- A clear data presentation skills with good highlight for decision making
- Ability to coordinate large-scale events, including workshops and training sessions
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and make decisions quickly
- Good technical writing skills and effective oral and written communication skills are highly required.
- Ability to produce concise and useful reports and present information effectively using appropriate mediums
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this role successfully, the Supply Chain Manager will perform the following responsibilities which may include but are not limited to:
- Designs or implement supply chains that support environmental policies.
- Develops material costs forecasts or standard cost lists.
- Reviews or update supply chain practices in accordance with new or changing environmental policies, standards, regulations, or laws.
- Negotiates prices and terms with suppliers, vendors, or freight forwarders.
- Collaborate with other departments and procurement unit in operations to identify or qualify new suppliers.
- Monitors suppliers performance and assess their ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Oversees and manages vendors. Assists with identification and selection of vendors.
- Generates work plan for vendors, defining and communication of timelines to ensure availability of vendor resources.
- Identifies and resolves vendor issues.
- Implement new or improved supply chain processes
- Meet with suppliers to discuss performance metrics, to provide performance feedback, or to discuss production forecasts or changes.
- Develops or implements procedures or systems to evaluate or select suppliers
- Analyzes information about supplier performance or procurement program success
- Analyzes inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service.
- Designs and implements supply chains that support business strategies adapted to changing market conditions, new business opportunities, or cost reduction strategies.
- Designs, implements, and oversees product take back or reverse logistics programs to ensure products are recycled, reused, or responsibly disposed of.
- Evaluate and select information or other technology solutions to improve tracking and reporting of materials or products distribution, storage, or inventory.
The Supply Chain Manager should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Adaptability: Demonstrates a willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs, Sheets and Slides
- English is the spoken and written language.
- Excellent supervisory ability: staff coaching, team management
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail. Must be able to work as a leader and member of a team and possess good problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional strategic thinking and analytical skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online