Vacancy for Supply Chain Officer at Medecins Sans Frontieres
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Officer
Contract Period: Indefinite
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- Prior experience in supply chain management (minimum 2 years) and in organization of supply administration and procedures is required
- A proven understanding of MSF Field Logistics (general knowledge of MSF equipment and kits) is desirable
- A degree and specialization in Logistics/Supply Chain Management is required
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and organise the daily activities of the supply chain team, including procurement officer and ensure they perform the tasks linked to their role
- Responsible for the order, purchase, stock and freight management in the coordination; monitoring and ensuring an efficient implementation of the overall daily supply chain activities
- Monitoring and ensuring a smooth running of supply administration and the respect of the implemented supply procedures, proposing adjustments where needed
- Responsible for the supply database and the correct filing and archiving of the supply documentation in order to guarantee the availability and the coherence of supply data
- Communicating with customers, keeping them up to date concerning their orders status (BO confirmation) and prioritizing procurement and transport according to needs
- Collecting claims from the field, analysing causes and taking corrective actions
- Inform the Logistics / Supply Coordinator in case of any major issue and draw-up all required reporting, in order to keep updated and reliable information that will help in decision-making
- Perform any other tasks within the scope of this role, as directed by supervision and according to the needs of the mission
Deadline: 17th January, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications (Soft Copy) including Cover Letter, Resume and copy of relevant Certificates to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hard Copy Applications to:
MSF Belgium Human Resources Office,
14 Tennessee Crescent,
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.
- Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview; MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application.