Account Officer Job at a Real Estate Development Company
Brookstone Property is a full service Real Estate Development company. We specialize in the entire lifecycle of a real estate project commencing with site acquisition, conceptualization, leasing/sales, securing financing and construction management to delivery and facilities management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Account Officer
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
- We’re an energetic company and we’re looking for a passionate individual to join our organization and manage our book keeping and bring more organization to our day to day financials.
- We’re looking for an organized and driven Account officer to join our growing team at our company.
- The Account Officer will work closely with other operations personnel and handle day-to-day bookkeeping.
- You must be able to work independently to maintain order and transparency for the company’s finances.
- The Account officer will provide support to the financial department by managing daily accounting tasks.
- Preparing financial statements and reporting are a large part of the accountant’s day-to-day work.
- The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers and attention to detail.
- The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the department and help the company be fully aware of its financial condition, enabling the company to make the right decisions and accomplish long term success.
- B.Sc in Accounting.
- Should have adequate financial skills.
- Proficiency in Excel and QuickBooks
- Must be conversant with IFRS.
- Notable organizational and administrative skills, including the ability to manage priorities.
- Must be conversant with most accounting principles.
- Great Analytical skills and Eye for details.
- Preferred Years of Experience: 5-7 years
Accountabilities and Actions Include:
- Responsible for vendor maintenance on financial system ensuring compliance to data standards.
- Prepares and processes purchase orders, invoices, receipts, cheque requests, manual cheques and contract payments.
- Responsible for processing and maintenance of encumbrances (Fee for Service Contracts, Lease Agreements, Rental Agreements, etc).
- Responsible for the accuracy and timely processing of weekly cheque printing.
- Responsible for cheque stock inventory & safekeeping of same.
- Responsible for petty cash handling and bank reconciliation.
- Responsible for receivable and debts collection profiling.
- Maintaining all records of business costs – capex and operating expenses.
- Reconciliation of accounts with the general ledger.
- Responsible for cash flow management and reporting.
- Responsible for comparative analysis.
- Provides reports as required by Finance Consultant and management team.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information
- Responsible for maintaining proper books of account and preparing financial statements
- Ensuring the organizations income and expenditure are properly documented.
- Prepare and present the company’s annual account and financial statements
- Review financial reports and documents
- Ensure timely payment of bills
- Recover amount established as being receivable including recovery of VAT
- Liaise with the government authorities in regards to tax filing.
- Assist external auditors during audit.
- Presides over processing and payment of expenditure.
- Manage the company’s finances.
- Formulate and implement the organization’s financial plans and keep up-to-date account records particularly payables.
- Prepare the company’s weekly and monthly budget including payroll, monthly purchases etc.
- Actively involved in educating staff on strategies for minimizing cost.
- Provide monthly updates on budget implementation covering credit and carry forwards commitments, de-commitments, and payments;
- Ensure deposit of all cash transactions.
Deadline: 28th February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Title as subject of the mail.
Note: We thank all candidates for their interest in Brookstone and the role, however, only those selected for follow-up will be contacted.