Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development.
A truly innovative company, Airtel has showed resilience, charting new paths in meeting the demands and needs of its esteemed stakeholders and enhancing distribution as well as providing affordable services to empower more Nigerians.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Market Regulation Lead
Looking for a suitable candidate to fill the role of Market Regulation Lead in the Legal & Regulatory Function. The role holder would be responsible for:
- Interfacing with the Telecom Regulator and other relevant Regulatory Authorities for the purpose of ensuring the continuity of its licensed endeavours and operations
- Managing risks and opportunities arising from the regulatory environment for the benefit of the company.
- Guiding Commercial Group from Product conception to launch
- Proactively engaging the NCC in the development of best practice policies, regulations, guidelines and standards on consumer affairs, competition, KYC, CyberCrime, Universal Service and market evolution issues
- Providing Regulatory support to internal stakeholders
- Co-ordinate Airtel’s inputs to periodic Consumer Protection Council (CPC), National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA), National Lottery Regulatory Commission (NLRC), Universal Service Provision Fund (USPF) interventions – Standards, Guidelines and Regulations.
Key Competencies and Requirements
- Good degree in Law, Economics or Engineering. Preferably a Law Degree.
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration or a higher degree in any of the above disciplines would be preferred additional qualification.
- 6 years of varied experience in law, engineering or economics with – 4 years of relevant experience in Telecommunications field
- Sound understanding and knowledge of Nigerian Regulatory environment.
- Extensive knowledge of Nigerian telecom and business environment.
- Previous employment with Nigerian Communications Commission
- Ability to communicate and influence team direction without formal authority
- The job is located in Lagos and invlolves frequent travelling.
Deadline: 14th February, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants.
- If you have not been notified of the outcome of your application within two week of the closing date, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion