The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: LE III TWG Foreman
Job Ref: 02/18 ABJ
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Type of Position: Permanent
Job Category: Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Residence and Support Staff)
Job Subcategory: Residence Coordinator
Start Date: 1 April 2018
Grade: A2 (L)
Main purpose of job:
- The British High Commission Abuja, is looking for a TWG foreman to work in its busy Technical Works Group section to carry out mechanical, electrical services and Building/ Civil Engineering maintenance works
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Trade Tests grade 1 in Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience:
- BHC working experience or experience from other international organisation
- Making Effective Decisions, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and experience in mechanical, electrical services and Building/ Civil Engineering maintenance work.
- Must have a valid driving licence.
- Must be able to implement and oversee a planned maintenance schedule for all BHC properties.
- To be able to demonstrate knowledge of health and safety procedures in the workplace
- Must be able to allocate reactive and planned maintenance tasks daily to relevant Artisans.
- Supervise TWG artisans and ensure work is carried out to UK standards where possible.
- English language – spoken and written
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Must have a responsive attitude and willingness to use initiative
- Ability to work overtime/respond to emergencies as and when required
Resources managed (staff and expenditure):
- 18 artisans and Technicians
Starting Mmonthly Salary
Deadline:26th February, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online