Collection Specialist Jobs at a Power and Automation Technologies Firm
ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility, industry, and transport and infrastructure customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in roughly 100 countries and employs about 140,000 people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Collection Specialist
Publication ID: NG63737580_E1
Business Unit: Country Management
- As a Collection Specialist, you will be a part of the corporate function based in Lagos, Nigeria.
- You will be responsible for formulating and assuring effective implementation of credit and collection policies, procedures, and standards to maximize cash flow and limit exposure. Monitoring credit reviews, accounts receivable, and serve as an escalation point regarding credit matters.
- As the ideal candidate, you should have a Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Economics, or equivalent or Bachelor Certificate in Accounting and Finance with 5 – 8 years in accounting, controlling & Finance.
- Candidate should have Working knowledge of finance and accounting software (SAP, ATLAS, and Hyperion).
- Strong financial accounting and planning and controlling management skills required. Proficiency in spoken & written English language is required.
Your main responsibilities in this role will include:
- Credit policy: Formulating and recommending general credit policy with support from the country credit committee, and assures adherence to accepted standards.
- Contract proposals: Reviewing major lease, purchase, or conditional sales contract proposals to identify and minimize credit risk.
- Credit decision: Proposing credit limits and supports Local Divisions on credit decisions.
- Sales function: Maintaining frequent communications with sales function and performs credit reviews with Local Business Units on a regular basis.
- Settlement terms: Supporting Local Divisions in settlement of delinquent accounts when established parameters are not met.
- Legal proceedings: Managing all account issues involving bankruptcy and other legal proceedings.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online