The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 30 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountability Officer (National Contract)
Location: Mubi, Adamawa, Maiduguri, Borno
- The Accountability Officer is responsible for supporting his/her direct line manager with the implementation of the Core Humanitarian Standard(CHS)/Code of Conduct (CoC) strategy in DRC/DDG areas of operation in Borno/Yobe states.
- In particular, the Accountability Officer will train DRC/DDG staff on the internal and external complaints reporting mechanisms and ensure their function in all programme project sites. With specific regards to the Code of Conduct, the Accountability Officer will liaise closely with heads of departments, other Programme Development and Quality (PDQ) department units, and the CoC Registrar and Authorising Officer.
- University degree in Economics, Administration, Social Sciences, Political Sciences, Law or other relevant fields;
- Professional experience of at least two years, including one year working with a humanitarian organisation;
- Proficient with standard software tools (Microsoft Word, Excel and Power-Point);
- Strong command of oral and written English, fluency in Hausa required (local languages spoken in DRC/DDG project site areas preferred – including Kanori, Shuwa, Gamargu, etc);
- Ability to work in a team, independently and under minimal supervision;
- Excellent communication, analysis and written skills.
- Excellent negotiation and diplomacy skills;
- Ability to work in complex environments and under pressure;
- Methodical, autonomous and rigorous.
- Availability: ASAP (must be available to start by 15 March 2018)
- Salary and conditions: In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
Deadline: 28th February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: “Recruitment Manager”.
- Applications can be sent through the email above Please note: The position title must be written in the subject line of the email otherwise not considered.
- Dropped at DRC office mentioned below:
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.
- The position is for Nigerian Nationals Only.