Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading public health non-governmental organisations (NGOs) in Nigeria, implementing programmes in reproductive health/family planning, HIV and AIDS prevention, primary health care system strengthening and maternal and child health. SFH works in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), and the Global Fund among other international donors. We seek to recruit qualified persons as a result of growth in the organisation. We offer professionals opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration.
We require competent candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Programme Director
Project: Subject to securing donor funding
Duration of Contract: Full time, fixed-term contract (six years)
- We are seeking a senior malaria specialist to provide strategic technical leadership to a large programme that aims to effectively strengthen the management and technical capacity of the government and other key actors to drive the implementation of Nigeria’s National Malaria Strategic Plan and achieve its ambitious targets.
- The Deputy Programme Director will oversee the strategic and evidence informed development and implementation of malaria interventions, with a focus on sustainability and better resourcing.
Key area of responsibility are:
- Work with the Programme Director and Programme technical experts to develop technical strategies for delivery of the programme, delivering long-term institutional and transformational change to Nigeria’s Malaria response.
- Provide oversight for and drive the implementation of the strategies developed at national level and in the selected states for a flexible and adaptive programme that responds to the rapidly changing malaria landscape in Nigeria.
- Lead on the technical design, implementation and monitoring of targeted institutional, community and policy related malaria interventions.
- Manage, supervise and mentor a team of technical experts, while promoting an atmosphere in which programme staff can give their best and collaborate to achieve the vision, mission and strategies of the programme.
- Maintain close collaboration and partnership with the donor, implementing partners and government for the successful delivery of the programme.
- Monitor, review, update and report against the logical framework and oversee the development of a programme M&E system and manage the same with the programme team. Lead preparations for Annual Programme Reviews.
- Provide technical oversight of annual planning and budgeting, ensuring alignment of consortium and implementing partners’ work streams with government strategic goals and that ensuring that the programme delivers value for money.
- Lead the development of the quarterly programme reports and preparation for annual reviews.
- Must possess a minimum of a Master’s Degree in a Health related discipline
- A thought leader when it comes to ongoing and emerging issues in relations to malaria policy, strategy, institutional and financing arrangements in addition to technical malaria prevention and care demonstrated through publications.
- Must possess management , strategic planning and leadership experience, with ability to multi-task, work under pressure, inspire high quality work, demonstrate firm but sensitive leadership, provide support and supervision and empower teams members across a broad range of health related specialist areas
- Must possess excellent communication, advocacy, organizational, networking and interpersonal skills
- Must have knowledge of government health systems and proven experience building national and sub-national capacity of government, service providers and civil society organisations.
- Must possess extensive hand on experience of working in the malaria sector for at least 10 years in the Nigerian context.
- Significant understanding of the political, social, and cultural context of Nigeria
- Experience in programme planning and implementation, through several roles on malaria programmes
- Experience with implementing DFID programmes preferred.
- Nigerian nationals are encouraged to apply
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation package for this position is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented candidates.
Deadline: 13th February, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a one-page application letter (using the position reference as the subject), addressed to the “Director, Human Resources”, clearly providing evidence of competences required for the job and current remuneration and send to: email@example.com
- Applicants should send the application, as well as a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae clearly indicating current telephone numbers, e-mail address and contact details to the email address beside the job you are applying for.
- Please include the names and contact details (including telephone and e-mail addresses) of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional achievements.
- All applications will be treated in confidence. Candidates without the minimum requirements need not apply.
- This project is subject to securing donor funding and the precise details of timelines and task are subject to change prior to project start-up.
- We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.