Graduate Finance & Admin. Assistant Recruitment in a Non Profit Human Development Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance & Admin. Assistant
Location: Ngala, Borno
- Northeast Nigeria is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of emergency assistance.
- These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity. FHI360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
- FHI360 is expanding its expertise by responding to this humanitarian crisis through integrated WASH, Health and Protection interventions
- Under the direction of the Field Coordinator, the Finance & Admin. Assistant performs recording keeping and payment transactions.
- University degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in accounting related to NGOs and community level programs, with increasing responsibility.
- Experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Proven ability in accounting for medium, multifaceted programs
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, community volunteers and recipients of assistance
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English & Hausa communication.
- Assists in the accurate keeping of all financial transactions for the field site.
- Prepare monthly financial report forms which accompany executed sub project documents.
- Assists in the provision of logistic support for workshops and trainings.
- Assists in the maintenance of an efficient records/storage of all office supplies.
- Serves as point of contact for logistical and administrative needs in the office.
- Coordinates all administrative and secretarial support services for the state office (as relevant).
- Records minutes of staff meetings and circulates same amongst the staff of the state.
- Assists with production of presentation materials for staff members.
- Manages incentive payments for community volunteers and all field site transactions.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online