Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within now and for the future. In Nigeria, Mercy Corps has worked since 2012 by focusing its programming on adolescent girls’ empowerment, economic development, conflict mitigation, and humanitarian response.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistic Assistant
Ref No: MDG/HUMOPS/2018/00004
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Supervisory Responsibility: Drivers
Reports directly to: Logistic Officer
Works with: All program and operations teams.
- With the insurgency affecting North East Nigeria and displacing millions of people, Mercy Corps is expanding its humanitarian programming to support the conflict-affected population. As a result of the wide-scale needs, Mercy Corps is scaling-up food security, non-food items, nutrition, protection, livelihoods, and water sanitation hygiene (WASH) activities in Dikwa, Ngala, Damboa, Gwoza, Bama and Jere Local Government Areas in Borno State to address emergency
- A Degree in Accounting, Economics, Logistics and Procurement Management, Business Management, or related field.
- 1 -2 years’ experience in Administration, logistics and procurement with strong organizational skills, ( with international NGOs is an asset)
- Ability to maintain the procurement and logistics filing system,
- Ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel
- Adaptability to unanticipated circumstances,
- Microsoft Office computer skills and experience with using email.
- Ability to communicate in English, and Hausa
- Proven ability to solve problems independently without supervision
General Position Summary
- Mercy Corps is looking for a strong Logistics Assistant who will be required to perform program support logistical duties in a timely and effective manner.
Essential Job Functions:
- Asset Management
- Assist in maintaining the asset records for the field office
- Assist in ensuring that all the items bought that fall under Asset category according to MC Policies are properly registered on the Asset Register with all the required information
- Assist in maintaining a softcopy and manual filing system of the Asset Register for Maiduguri Office
- Liaise with all staff on Assets Management, movement and monitor if the register is properly maintained and matches with the softcopy.
- Assist in ensuring quarterly reviews and physically crosscheck the Asset Register with the assets to ensure the asset tags are available on the assets and update the assets condition – depreciation if applicable.
- Log in TARs, share with drivers and support in making travel arrangements such as car hire and air ticket bookings for staff.
- Supervise the entire driver’s unit in Ngala.
- Provide drivers’ unit monthly report inclusive of the following:
- Fuel consumption
- Vehicle movement
- Service/repair report
- Track purchase of diesel and fuel and keep record of diesel consumption.
- Keep record of drivers’ travels.
- Assist in compiling summary of monthly vehicle log sheets.
- Follow up of correspondence between Mercy Corps and external stakeholders when required.
- Review invoices and prepare payment schedule.
- Any other duty as assigned
Finance & Compliance Management:
- Ensure compliance with donor and Mercy Corps regulations related to emergency programming.
- Ensure compliance with all Mercy Corps finance regulation in carrying out activities.
Influence & Representation:
- Identify, build and manage collaborative partnerships with consortium partners, sub-grantees, donors, local governments and other stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively to ensure overall project targets and donor obligations are met.
Accountability to Beneficiaries:
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
- The successful candidate will be capable of multi-tasking, rapid decision-making, have initiative, drive and a lot of energy, as well as high emotional intelligence, constructive mentoring skills and proven experience with capacity building.
- S/he will be committed to long-term program sustainability and the delivery of high-impact activities at the community level.
- Successful Mercy Corps team members have a strong commitment to teamwork and accountability, thrive in evolving and challenging environments, and make effective written and verbal communication a priority.
- Mercy Corps team members represent the agency both during and outside work hours. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and Mercy Corps’ policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues
Deadline:24th February, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit no more than 4 page CV and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Drop off application in a sealed envelope with the position boldly written to:
Mercy Corps Nigeria,
No.6 Extension 111 Gambole Road,
Opposite Capital School,
Old GRA, Maiduguri,
- All applications must include the position title in the subject line and should not be more than 4 pages.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and we are an equal opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.