Graduate Trainee Software Developer Recruitment at Plucom Technology
Plucom Technology is a software development, web application development, technical support and business systems consulting company in Nigeria. We build, design, innovate, develop and delivers world-class enterprised technology solutions for businesses.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Graduate Trainee Software Developer
Employment Type: Internship
Job Function: Education, Training
We are looking for enthusiastic graduates, to join our Software Engineering and Web Development team. The candidates will work within small, supportive development teams. They will be involved in the conception, development and support of bespoke software and web development products and solutions.
The successful candidate will preferably possess a degree or diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or any other related courses. The candidate must also be able to demonstrate a passion for software development and technology.
As a Graduate Trainee Software Developer, you will work on projects where you can make a real difference. You’ll have great support and mentoring, balanced with the experience of being given real, meaningful work to do, to help you truly develop both technically and professionally.
What you’ll do
- You will work in our head office and often on our customer sites, you will work on a project teams to learn how to develop and unit test developing and unit testing straightforward or low complexity components, and then moving on to more complex elements as you increase your knowledge.
- You will work with other developers in working through designs and user stories and to produce real development solutions.
- You will be fully supported by experienced colleagues in the team to follow designs, and then progress to assist in any other aspect of the project life-cycle under supervision.
- You will develop excellent technical, team-working and Agile project experience
- Research, Test and Implement solutions to meet software requirements
- Developing existing programs by analyzing and identifying areas for improvement
- Maintaining existing applications and provide technical support to relevant stakeholders
- Working closely and collaborating with other members of the Software Development team
Who you are
- You are currently studying a degree or diploma with at least a 60% component of IT.
- You’re familiar with some programming languages and implementation environments.
- You have some understanding of the software development lifecycle from your studies or relevant work experience, and the relevance of different tools at different stages of the development lifecycle.
- You’re aware of basic design principles, and able to understand designs.
- You have a good understanding of coding and data structure principles, and application of coding standards
- You have a good understanding of unit testing principles, including the creation of unit test harnesses.
- You apply all relevant standards and procedures to your own work.
- You develop technical knowledge and awareness of those technical areas in which requested to code
- You accurately record your own time and accurately report progress on your own work.
- You’re capable of working with limited supervision.
- You comply with all confidentiality and non-disclosure policies and/or agreements and ensures security of information at all times.
- You are curious about all things tech, and have your own personal interest technology projects would be a great advantage
- We are a customer focused business, so people with strong communication skills, who are professional, credible and open is a must
- We all work in teams here in Plucom – strong team skills are crucial
- We pride ourselves in doing our best and delivering to a high standard, so attention to detail and having a high quality focus is definitely required.
- You’ll have a flexible, “can do” attitude, with the ability to manage your own time and enthusiastic to learn
Education, Kwowledge and Skills
- Candidate must possess degree or diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or any other related courses.
- Must be familiar with some of the following technologies:
- ASP.Net [vb/c#]
- SQL Server
- Web services using WCF
- Android App Development
What we offer you
- Industry recognized training and qualifications
- Key skills development e.g. stakeholder management, communication and planning
- Mentoring and on-going support throughout your entire time with us
- Modern and central training academies
- Social events and networking
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online