Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supplier Performance Manager, Indirects
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Type of Job: Employee
Reports To: Procurement Manager, Demand & Indirects
Context of the Role
- Guinness Nigeria Plc (GNPLC) is the first and only total beverage alcohol (TBA) business in Nigeria offering the widest range of drinks – from adult premium non-alcoholic drinks (APNADS) to lager, stout, mainstream spirits and International Premium Spirits (IPS)
- It operates from two sites, Ogba (Lagos) and Benin city and is headquartered in Lagos
- Procurement will boldly drive improved operating margin and competitive advantage by leading cost-consciousness and best-in-class procurement through a high performing organization
- We will enable brand growth and best use of our A&P resources by leveraging supplier capabilities and external innovation. We are committed to Assure, Protect and Create Value for Diageo.
- The Market Procurement teams will focus on brilliant execution of the Global led strategies developed by the Global Procurement teams, as well as leading the sourcing for categories defined as local sourced.
Purpose of the Role
- To deliver maximum benefit for GNPLC within Indirects categories of spend, through design and implementation of innovative and forward thinking category strategies, whilst maintaining rigorous standards of risk management, ethics and compliance to all key Diageo policies at all times
Financial Complexity of the Role
- The role holder will be responsible for the effective and efficient management of all Indirects spend areas, by consistently applying the Diageo Way of Category Management and identifying value improvement initiatives to deliver the financial plan.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- University Degree in Financial, Quantitative or Commercially biased-discipline, with proven relevant 5+ years post-qualification experience, including functional financial performance management within a forward thinking, fast paced and value-adding blue-chip FMCG environment.
- Professional Procurement qualification desirable (CIPS/SPSM/MBA) and capable of rapidly developing full understanding of world-class Procurement systems and practices, including all Diageo category management processes and associated tools.
- Strong commercial acumen, with excellent communication, influencing and presentation skills, both verbal and written, with ability to readily engage and influence a range of colleagues and senior stakeholders.
- Analytical, numerate, enthusiastic, tenacious. Sound financial-fundamentals awareness and the ability to contribute to the wider business process outside immediate functional responsibilities.
- Strong lT skills base, including mastery in Excel and advanced proficiency in PowerPoint.
- Ability to anticipate and plan effectively, monitoring and measuring progress in a timely fashion.
- Inter-cultural sensitivity and ability to ‘flex’ approach to meet the needs of a diverse community.
- Win through Execution
- Shape the Future
- Inspire through Purpose
- Invest in Talent
- Own the Strategic Management of all Indirects spend categories, managing them to deliver maximum business alignment, value and quality for GNPLC
- Accountable for carrying out all GNPLC sourcing activities within all Indirects categories ensuring they remain in line with the strategy and policy, and are compliant at all times
- Exceed delivery of Procurement performance targets for your categories
- Protect our brands and business through effective management of risk, compliance, sustainability and governance
- Build and maintain strong and influential relationships with colleagues in the Global Procurement team, key Stakeholders and suppliers.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online