Chelis Education Consult Limited – Our client, an international school in the Emirate City of Ilorin, Kwara State, is seeking a qualified candidate for immediate resumption, to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head Teacher
- The ideal individual for this role would be a strategic person with a significant experience and exposure to outstanding teaching and learning across the primary and secondary phase of the school. One with good knowledge and understanding of the people, culture, terrain and able to interact adequately with them.
- An individual who can fully implement the school’s vision, and commit to working in partnership with the board of directors to introduce and/or promote various policies and programs, engage with parents and forge effective partnerships with them.
- We want a passionate, rigorous and great people person to lead the school forward on this exciting and challenging role.
- Strategic direction and leadership of school improvement
- Provide inspiring and purposeful leadership for the staff, students and the wider community
- To develop a school improvement plan founded on a secure understanding of data and classroom observation
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of the school and the quality of teaching and learning
- Continue to maintain an environment that promotes and secures outstanding teaching, effective learning, high standards of achievement and good behaviour.
- Develop and maintain effective links with the community including business and industry, to extend the curriculum and enhance teaching and learning
- Improve the existing system for the management of staff performance, incorporating target setting and individual development plans
- Continue to develop an organisation in which all staff feel valued and recognise that they are accountable for the success of the school.
Candidate for the Head Teacher position must:
- Be between the ages 45 – 55 years
- Be a Masters holder in Education with certification in other educational training
- Have at least 3 – 5 years’ experience as a head teacher and exposed to the British-Nigeria curriculum
- Have good interpersonal relationships with parents and staff
- Understand the culture of the environment
- Must have TRCN Certification
Salary and Benefits
The salary is highly competitive, joined together with accommodation and an official car.
Deadline: 30th March, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application, CV’s and 1 recent Passport to: email@example.com