International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training, relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, non-political, non-sectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
- Reporting to Logistics / Supply Chain Coordinator, the Abuja – Logistics Officer will be responsible for logistics vehicle management, asset management, warehousing as well as sourcing equipment, goods, services and managing vendors in Abuja Country Office.
- The successful jobholder will be able to perform strategic logistics functions and procurement activities across multiple categories of spend, donors and search for better deals and find more profitable suppliers within their areas of operation.
- Jobholder will be the direct supervisor (Line Manager) of drivers and will lead on all country office logistics and reporting processes.
- BS Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Business Administration or at equivalent 5 years working experience in similar position with INGO.
- 3 – 5 years proven working experience in Nigeria as Logistics Officer
- High computer literacy level with expected proficiency in Word, Excel, PDF, and Internet.
- Nigerian National
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Receive purchase requests, review for completeness and approvals, prepare necessary procurement documentation (RFQ/P) and ensure compliance with the IMC and donor procurement policy
- Provide planning support and advice to those making a procurement request, then process and manage the procurement process (either locally or internationally) in accordance with IMC policies and procedures, in a transparent, accountable, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Organize procurement tracking system and support program and management team up-to-date and reliable information on the procurement status submit weekly and monthly report.
- In coordination with the International Logistics Manager, ensure that local market surveys are regularly carried out, to confirm a full knowledge of the availability and price of local items.
- Ensure that all procurement’s are managed, tracked and recorded and identify and suggest items that should be part of a pre-approved tender process, and ensure that open and free competition for procurement’s is adhered too.
- Support the Data Entry Officer in the Management and maintenance of accurate filing systems, with documented and supported records of actions for audit purposes.
- Contribute to weekly and monthly procurement reports to the in-country management team, pursuant with IMC policies and procedures.
- Be flexible and manage your time accordingly, be prepared to tackle other tasks commensurate with your role, and level of experience, at short notice.
- Coordinates local and whenever asked international procurement activities.
- Provide necessary information to the procurement Assistant in maintaining the PR, PO, BPA and other services contract tracking tools and ensuring updates are shared with programs and country office management team on weekly basis.
- Prepares complete procurement documents for finance to process payment
- Ensure proper receipt and issuance of stock materials including GIK in and out of the transit storage
- Ensure that correct quantity has been received by comparing received goods quantities with information on the work order/packing list
- Identify any damaged or missing goods cartons and record pertinent information
- Ensure that delivery forms are signed only upon satisfaction of completed order
- Move received goods to appropriate storage areas and ensure bin cards are prepared and put accordingly.
- Ensure all goods are labeled properly using appropriate lot and item numbers
- Allocate storage space for stock items based on their grant, types and sizes and expiry dates
- Ensure that information of picked goods is recorded in logbook and submitted to the commodity Tracking and Reporting Officer
- Establish and maintain meaningful relationships with vendor transporters to ensure smooth working environment
- Maintain stable temperature conditions within the warehouse especially where perishable food items are concerned
- Ensures that procedures outlined in the Asset Management Manual will be implemented in the Office.
- Responsible for logging all new assets in the Master asset register and ensuring the appropriate coding and tags are placed on each item.
- Regularly updates asset register with changes and new acquisitions
- Responsible for coordinating with the procurement and finance office in identifying all details of assets such as buying price, ledger reference, PR, PO and GRN number etc. The asset register should be accurate and completely up to date;
- Responsible for the timely preparation of documentation of any movement of assets in IMC formats;
- Schedules and conducts physical count of assets on different locations, projects and sites;
- Provides a monthly physical count/check where all assets are located and their status confirmed; coordinate with the responsible officer for tracking assets in other offices to ensure the locations and status of assets that have moved between offices;
- Update the electronic database monthly and provide an electronic copy to Logistics Manager and Logistics Coordinator; A hard copy is printed, signed and filed in the assets folder;
- Ensure all lost, damage, sold, stolen (or other) items are properly recorded in with an approved Disposal of Assets form and ensure any necessary, supplement documentation is completed;
- Advise supervisor on any broken, damaged or destroyed equipment;
- Ensures that all movement of items should go through the Asset Controller, on “GRNs or an Asset Movement Form”.
- Maintain inventories of all premises (non-expendable properties) and conducts regular checks (quarterly)
- Organize and ensure a routine maintenance schedule for all IMC leased and owned vehicles and ensure that a stock of frequently used parts is maintained at field office level.
- In consultation with Logistics Manager, project and raise the request for the re-order of vehicle frequently used parts as necessary.
- Maintain comprehensive vehicle and generator maintenance records and a plan for maintenance schedules across all sites.
- Assess any external garages, which are being used by IMC to ensure they can and are providing sufficient support to the IMC’s fleet at an acceptable cost.
- Ensure that all vehicles have onboard spare tyre, first aid kits, emergency tool kit, emergency contact numbers, internal vehicle numbers and IMC branding.
- Assess all drivers’ skills and conduct driver training as required and this includes making recommendations to terminate drivers if necessary.
- Conduct training and daily vehicle inspections along with drivers to monitor the use of vehicles through log book management.
- Maintain daily vehicle inspection schedule and records and assign all mechanical maintenance plan
Training/ Capacity Building:
- Determine training needs and advocate and plan for professional development for your direct reports
- Provide input, and deliver where applicable, training for relevant staff to increase their responsibilities in order to build capacity, and ensure sustainability of programs
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within IMC and amongst beneficiaries served by IMC.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
- Proactively engage with your supervisor, and key staff Program, Finance and HR/Admin on all matters to ensure that programmatic and project planning incorporates sufficient funding for logistical staff and logistical support mechanisms.
- Proactively engage on a regular basis with regional IMC logistics teams and logistics manager to ensure appropriate links and coordination.
- Represent IMC in a positive and professional manner to contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of IMC’s mandate, ethics, values and stand-point with regard to other actors
- Analytical Skills: Will works with multiple vendors to determine the best deals for the company, and have to evaluate the many pros and cons of each, based on price, quality, speed of delivery and other factors.
- Decision-Making Skills: Will needs to use the information gathered by either yourself or procurement officers and the purchasing agents to make decisions on behalf of your company.
- Math Skills: Basic math skills will be needed to analyze prices and get the best deals possible.
- Negotiating Skills: Will be working with suppliers to create the best deals.
- Working knowledge of US based donor’s regulations and procedures
- Familiarity with Sourcing and vendor management
- Interest in market dynamics along with business sense
- Working experience of purchasing and vendor management software
- Ability to gather and analyze data and to work with figure
- Solid judgement along with decision management skills
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Conscientious with as excellent sense of judgment
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks.
- Willingness and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with project personnel.
- Good spoken and written English and local Nigerian dialects
- Computer literate and strong organizational skills.
Ethical conduct for IMC staffs:
- The International Medical Corps maintains a code of standards of conduct that shall govern the performances of its employees engaged in the award and administration of contracts. No employee, officer, or agent shall participate in the selection, award, or administration of a contract supported/ by donor funds if a real or apparent conflict of interest would be involved. Such a conflict would arise when the employee, officer, or agent, any member of his or her immediate family, his or her partner, or an organization which employs or about to employ any of the parties indicated above, has a financial or other interest in the firm selected for an award. IMC officers, employees, or agents shall neither solicit nor accept gratuities, favors, or anything of monetary value from contractors, or parties to sub-agreement. These standards shall provide for disciplinary actions to be applied for violations of such standards by IMC officers, employees, or agents
Deadline: 21st February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to the “Human Resource Manager, International Medical Corps” via the email to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise, applications will not be considered.