Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Recruits Lead, Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc – Headquartered in Ibadan is responsible for electricity distribution within the south western zone (Oyo, Ogun, Osun and kwara as well as some parts of Kogi, Ekiti and Niger states).
We are an organization with a focus on delivering excellent service to the customers and providing customer satisfaction through reliable power distributions.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Lead, Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Specialization: Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- To manage and steer the execution of all litigation and dispute resolution activities within the company.
- A first Degree in Law i.e. (LLB) and Bachelor of Law (BL)
- A Master’s Degree is an added advantage
- Relevant training from mediation and conflict management programs
- Membership of any of the following professional bodies is required: Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA)
- At least 8 years’ experience in a legal function with at least 5 years’ experience providing litigation and dispute resolution services in a top-tier law firm or in the utilities industry.
- Participates in the formulation and implementation of litigation strategy and policy formulation
- Advise the organisation on legal matters including any civil, criminal, regulatory or labour laws that may affect IBEDC activities or employees
- Assist in the review of all the organisation’s policies to ensure that conditions of service are in line with applicable labour laws
- Stay abreast of new laws, regulations and legislation to determine their impact on the organisation’s activities or employees and make recommendations to the Head, Legal
- Act as the primary liaison with external counsel and ensure effective relationship management
- Manage litigation cases, manage the organisation’s legal exposure and ensure adequate representation is provided
- Deep understanding of the laws and regulations governing the power industry
- Deep understanding of Nigerian Company and Industrial/Labour laws
- Deep understanding of corporate laws, securities laws & capital market
- Deep understanding of the relationship between the mediation system and the court system
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Deadline: 26th February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: When the page opens, click on “Click here see vacancies” and select “Lead, Litigation and Dispute Resolution” to apply accordingly.