International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Sub Grant Manager
- The Sub Grant Manager is responsible for helping to ensure that grants to IMC’ partners are designed in a way that adheres to IMC policies and meets the needs of the program.
- Provides review and compliance for ongoing grants in coordination with program and support departments, including assessing partners, drafting sub grant agreements and amendments and coordinate with HQ and partners for their review and signature.
- Helps monitor financial tranche payments; program narrative and financial reports and overall grant management and closeout.
Requirements, Knowledge and Experience
- Three or more years of grant management experience including budgeting and reporting.
- A University degree in Management or related field
- Good people management skills with the ability to develop others and to impart knowledge and experience in an accessible and clear manner
- Strong training, facilitation and reconciliation skills in international, multicultural settings,
- Must be able to work independently and show initiative.
- Previous work experience with an NGO in the area of community development is a plus.
- Report writing; ability to make recommendations for improvement; computer (MS Office), filing, and organizational skills;
- Good understanding of major international donor policies and procedures.
- Willingness to travel throughout the project areas in Turkey.
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation.
- Previous experience developing and implementing projects
- Excellent oral and written English skills
Essential Job Functions
- Collaborate with the Program Coordinator and Program Manager to monitor progress of projects implemented by the partners and ensure that they are completed according to the plan and timeline identified in the proposal.
- Help identify NGO’s or community-based organizations (CBO’s) in communities where IMC works.
- Cultivate partnerships with national and international NGOs interested in partnership with IMC.
- Support and participate in IMC strategic planning process and provide insight on historical and current events that could impact program and partnership.
- Assist with overall program development and future proposals for program follow-on activity.
- Conduct pre-monitoring of sub-awards applicants to evaluate financial and administrative systems, as needed.
- Monitor all approved sub grants and ensure timely financial and progress reporting is completed.
- Consult program coordinators, as needed for enhanced monitoring and evaluation exercises according to IMC best practices and compliance requirements.
- Development of IMC resource tools for building capacity of local NGO-s.
- Conduct capacity support assessments of partner capacity and develop and deliver tailored capacity support plans.
- Monitor and review the impact of capacity support; amending and revising programs as necessary
- Design capacity building strategies based on clear needs identification and understanding of the operating context, and demonstrable experience of working with civil society organizations and with the implementation of those programs, as well as social accountability and governance programming
- Ensure close communication with sub-grantees implementing projects.
- Identify potential problems during implementation of projects by the sub-grantees and make recommendations.
- Prepare progress reports on sub-grants.
- Conduct periodic audits of sub-grants. On an average, # sub-grantees will be audited every month. Ensure that compliance and performance monitoring is conducted on regular basis.
- Following audits and subsequent discussions with the Project Manager and Sub Grant Officer recommend financial, administrative and program training activities for sub-recipients.
Deadline: 5th March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications, addressed to the “Human Resource Manager, International Medical Corps” via: email@example.com
- Candidates must state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email
- Application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise, applications will not be considered.