COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale, is a humanitarian, non-confessional and independent organization founded in 1965 in Milan, Italy. For more than 50 years we have been dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty and to supporting populations affected by wars, socio-economic crises or natural disasters in their path to recovery and sustainable development, by making use of the professionalism of local and international operators, and through our partnerships with public and private bodies and civil society organizations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant – Nutrition and Hygiene Promoter
- COOPI started its operations in North-East Nigeria in July 2014 to carry out a rapid evaluation of the most relevant constraints suffered by the Internally Displaced People (IDPs) displaced by the food crisis and the Boko Haram insurgency in the Lake Chad Basin.
- COOPI’s aim is to support the most basic and pressing needs of communities affected by the violence. Despite the challenges presented by the security situation and the remoteness of the area, COOPI is providing a multi-sectoral emergency response to the victims of Boko Haram focused on food security, nutrition, protection and education.
Scope of the Vacancy
- The Nutrition and Hygiene Promoter will be responsible for the planning and implementation of nutrition and hygiene education activities as part of the FAO funded unconditional cash transfer and training activities in Yobe state focusing on IDPs and vulnerable host communities.
- The duration of the contract is Ten (10) days.
- He/She will train beneficiary group leaders on proper nutrition; food utilization and storage, and hygiene practices.
- He/She will plan, monitor and report on information sharing activities to be conducted by group leaders for beneficiary group members in the various communities as directed.
- He/She will be willing to work over the weekend and evenings as required.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Nutrition Officer, he/she:
- Provide training on nutrition (IYCF), food utilization and hygiene practices for beneficiaries
- Report any problems in a timely manner to the Nutrition Officer
- Supervise the information sharing activities organized by group leaders in their communities.
- Prepare a detailed report on all activities carried out during the duration of the contract.
- Activity time line
- Project briefing and facilitation training for nutrition and hygiene promoters – 19th February 2018
- Beneficiary group leaders training in Damaturu, Potiskum and Fika simultaneously – 21st February 2018
- Monitoring of information sharing activities by group leaders for beneficiary group members 23rd – 26th February 2018
- Report writing and submission 27th – 28th February 2018.
- A Diploma in Education, Health, Agriculture or another related field
- Prior experience (at least 1 year) working in complex emergency context as Nutrition and Hygiene Promoter.
- Fluency in English
- Good communicator, strong listening capacity, open minded, proactive and creative
- Respectful and inclusive of individual and cultural differences
- Significant experience involving work engaging people in and from community settings
- Knowledge of and adherence to COOPI Code of Conduct
- Knowledge of the local language (Hausa and Kanuri).
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local context
- Previous experience working with COOPI.
Deadline: 12th February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letter and CV’s as one document not exceeding three pages to: email@example.com