Geometrics Synergy Services Limited (GSSL) is an indigenous petroleum products sales and marketing company with offices in Lagos, Abuja, Yola, and Maiduguri. In view of its recent strategic direction to broaden its scope of operations, GSSL invites applicants who are interested in joining us in our mission to becoming the undisputed leader in the downstream oil and gas sector of the Nigerian economy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSE Supervisor
- The position is responsible for implementation and coordination of all health, safety and environmental programs for the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or any other relevant degree.
- Minimum 7 years working experience in Oil & Gas / Aviation Industry with at least 2 years in Supervisory position (downstream or upstream operating environment with offshore and onshore experience will be an added advantage)
- HSE & Firefighting Certification is mandatory
- Working experience with ISO9001 / OHSAS standards
- Understanding of emergency response principles and implementation.
- Accident / Incident Investigation Skills
- Knowledge of industry practices, regulatory agency requirements and standards
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Planning, coordinating and implementing of effective HSE policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Provide support to Operations team in all aspects of safety, occupational health, safety and environmental issues.
- Ensuring regular HSE audits in all areas of the business.
- Providing guidance on all HSE related matters.
- Ensuring trainings, tool box meetings, and drills are implemented as part of the company’s HSE program.
- Conducting incident investigations as may be required.
- Facilitating internal and external HSE audit and facility inspections.
- Facilitating regular HSE meetings, trainings and induction on safety policies and practices, accident prevention techniques and accident reporting for employees, visitors and contractors
- Ensuring that hazard/ risk assessment are systematically carried out.
- Conducting risk assessments and designing risk mitigation measures.
- Co-ordinating routine fire drills.
- Enforcing safety & security policies.
- Liaising with statutory bodies on HSSE matters.
- Monitoring maintenance works for safety compliance.
- Perform other duties assigned.
Deadline: 22nd February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com stating job title as the subject of the email
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.