Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Coordinator Assistant
Contract Period: Indefinite
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- HND/Degree essential from a relevant discipline.
- Logistics training or qualification an added advantage.
- Three years of previous experience in Logistics
- Prior work experience with an NGO is highly desirable
- Significant experience in managing competing priorities is essential
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning and supervising the logistics within the coordination base (repairs, equipment maintenance, stock management, cleanliness…), in order to ensure the best operational working conditions in the capital.
- Supporting the Logistics Coordinator and/or the Mission Supply Chain Manager in organizing the ordering and transport of goods to the different projects, in order to comply with their needs in terms of quality and timelines
- Organizing and supervising the fleet of vehicles in the coordination base (driver’s schedules, vehicles maintenance, vehicles registration and insurance, fuel consumptions, etc.), in order to ensure coping with the transportation and movement needs.
- Assisting the Logistics Coordinator with the checkup and supervision of the proper functioning of the computers and other communication and IT equipment, in order to ensure a continuous and appropriate flow of information and communication.
- Ensuring repair and maintenance of generators and power back-up systems as well as cold chain equipment, water pumps and other technical equipment used or stocked in capital and informing the Logistic Coordinator in case of any further needs concerning technical equipment, in order to have everything running adequately
- Supporting the LogCo in the planning and ensuring an appropriate emergency preparedness and response capacity (stocks, contacts, transport means, staff training), and participating in any emergency activity or exploratory visit, in order to ensure giving appropriate assistance to the population.
- Informing the Logistics Coordinator in case of any major issue and draws-up all required reporting, in order to keep updated and reliable information that will ease decision-making
Deadline: 9th February, 2018.
How to ApplyInterested and qualified candidates should send their Application, including cover letter, resume and copy of relevant certificates to: email@example.com
In person to:
MSF Belgium Human Resources Office,
14 Tennessee Street,
- Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview;
- MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application.