Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Advisor Routine Immunization and RMNCH
Project Overview and Role
The Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Programme (MNCH2) is a UKAid funded, five-year programme that provides technical assistance to improve access to and utilisation of quality health care for pregnant women, newborns and children in six northern Nigerian states ? Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Zamfara, Katsina and Yobe. MNCH2 is managed by Palladium and a consortium of six Nigerian and international organisations.
Palladium is looking for an experienced Technical Advisor RI and RMNCH who will be responsible for leading MNCH2 federal level engagement and will provide technical support and strategic guidance to the FMOH and NPHCDA the planning and implementation of RI and RMNCH interventions. Working closely with the MNCH2 state teams, this position will draw and keep abreast of evidence and lessons from the field and share with programme managers and senior leadership in the FMOH and NPHCDA in order to enhance implementation of Nigeria?s IMNCH Strategy.
The Technical Advisor RI and RMNCH shall report directly to the National Team Leader MNCH2 Programme with systematic regular feedback to both the Honorable Minister, FMOH and the Executive Secretary NPHCDA.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Masters in relevant field including Public Health or other social science field
- Minimum ten (10) years? of progressively responsible, professional-level experience on RMNCH issues with at least three to five years? experience in an international or resource challenged setting
- Minimum of 7 years? experience of work at strategic and policy level with adequate skills of diplomacy, negotiating and inter-sectoral/inter-departmental collaboration.
- Prior experience working with Nigeria?s public health system and a demonstrable and sound understanding of the Nigerian Health System in general and experience in planning, managing, monitoring and advising RI and RMNCH programmes in particular.
- Prior experience working with DFID funded projects highly preferred.
- Demonstrated management, coordination, teamwork, and planning skills, with proven ability to liaise effectively with and collaborate with multiple and diverse stakeholders including government officials, donors, multilateral agencies and professional associations.
- Strong initiative, self-motivated, self-starter, and ability to work independently and in collaboration and coordination with a diverse group of stakeholders in a dynamic, complex and rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including cultural sensitivity and ability to effectively engage colleagues from diverse and different cultures.
- Strong training, mentoring, coaching and interpersonal skills, including supportive supervision.
- Fluency in English required; fluency in Hausa preferred.
- Ability to utilize basic computer programmes effectively.
- Willingness to travel extensively including in Northern Nigeria.
- Provide technical representation of the MNCH2 programme and DFID for RI and RMNCH, working with the FMOH and NPHCDA to support in key coordination, synergy and integration mechanisms at federal and state levels to achieve impact on MNCH outcomes.
- Support in the Identification of evidence-based innovative approaches to strengthen RI and RMNCH government leadership at federal and State levels and commitment including the Health Commissioners? Forum and its linkages into the Governors? Forum and the Association of Local Government Chairmen of Nigeria (ALGON)
- Provide technical support to FMOH and NPHCDA in collation and replication of best practices on RMNCH to inform Universal Health Coverage (UHC)
- Support the management team in the technical coordination of the Taskforce to Accelerate Reduction of Maternal and Neonatal Deaths in Northern Nigeria.
- As a member of the FMOH and NPHCDA Core technical working groups on RMNCAH, including RI, provide programmatic support and guide priority setting in collaboration with the state project teams ensuring that interventions are technically sound, evidence-based, responsive to needs at both the state and federal level, and aligned with national policies and strategies.
- Provide technical assistance to State Ministries of Health and SPHCDAs in operationalizing and implementing RI and RMNCH national policies and strategies including review of technical documents, training materials and policy briefs
- Support in the development of implementation plan and annual and quarterly work plans in collaboration with the designated departments at FMOH and NPHCDA
- Provide technical assistance in knowledge management of latest developments, publications, research studies and other information generation activities being undertaken both in Nigeria and globally on RMNCH
- Maintain and share up-to-date knowledge and information on RI and RMNCH with colleagues in department of Disease Control and Immunization and Community Health Services of the FMOH and NPHCDA
- Liaise with relevant FMOH and NPHCDA focal persons and participate in selected national forum and technical working groups.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director/CEO
Deadline: 23rd February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online