Job Openings at Stresert Services Limited
Stresert Services Limited – Our client, requires the services of qualified candidates for immediate employment into the position below:
Job Title: Professional Chef
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
- Direct the preparation, seasoning, and cooking of salads, soups, fish, meats, vegetables, desserts, or other foods. Contribute to the smooth and efficient conduct of all kitchens related duties from cooking to the utensils and the hygiene of the kitchen as well as presentation of meals.
- Candidate must have undergone catering courses, (Diploma/Degree) with minimum of 5 years experience as a professional Chef preferably from the hospitality sector.
- The desired candidate must be in absolute control of all the kitchen affairs.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- The ideal candidate must be organized and pay attention to detail.
- Must maintain an impeccable personal hygiene as well as high work and safety standards.
- Must be able to delegate many kitchen tasks simultaneously.
- The chef must have good knowledge of Nigerian and continental meal preparation.
Description of Duties
- Cook all food; African and Continental dishes.
- The chef is responsible for approving all prepared food items that leave his or her kitchen.
- The chef is expected to modify and create new menus as needed so that they remain effective for the purposes consumption.
- The chef will train and manage kitchen personnel and supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities;
- Estimate food consumption and requisition or purchase food; Select and develop recipes;
- Standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality.
- Ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance; ensure proper safety and sanitation in kitchen.
- Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that they are good for consumption.
- Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
- Coordinate planning, budgeting, and purchasing for all the food operations for the house.
- Any other duties of related tasks.
Salary is above industry standard.
Job Title: Store Officer
Job Ref: SOD2
Location: Ojodu Berger Lagos State (Proximity to this places will be considered).
- The Store officers will be responsible for all Store activities including sending out and receiving, deliveries, coordinating stock, documenting store transactions, maintaining records, and overseeing storage of surplus inventory for the organization.
- The ideal candidate will maintain computerized inventory control records on all orders made, received, stored, material issued, supplies received etc.
- Receives stores, issues supplies and compiles records of supply transactions across broad, utilizing a computer inventory control system.
- Verifies that supplies received are listed on requisitions and invoices.
- Stores supplies in storerooms neatly and issues material supplies.
- Inspects all incoming materials and reconciles with purchase orders; processes and distributes documentation with purchase orders; reports, documents and tracks damages and discrepancies on orders received.
- Return cancelled and damaged items back to vendors as appropriate.
- Answers questions regarding procedures and resolves discrepancies regarding receipts, deliveries, warranties, repairs and surplus.
- Assist in reconciling work order quantities with inventory records.
- Perform weekly cycle counts, physical inventory and prepare monthly inventory reports.
- Maintain storage areas, shelves, and outside yard in a clean and orderly condition.
- Assign part numbers to materials through the computer system and perform clerical duties related to the store-keeping functions.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, clients and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Education, Skills & Ability
- Education: Ordinary National Diploma (OND). Ideal candidate must have 1 – 2 years related experience in store management.
- Ability To: Perform general storekeeping duties; maintain accurate manual and computer records; perform physical labour; understand and carry out oral and written instructions; maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Knowledge of: Modern store procedures, including methods of proper and orderly storage and issuance of materials e.g. FIFO, requisitions, purchase orders, invoices etc.
- Monday – Friday: 8 am – 6pm; Saturday: Half-day.
- Salary is between N35,000 – N45,000/m (Based on experience).
Location: Ojodu Berger, Lagos
Work Days: Monday – Saturdays
- The ideal person will be responsible for leading the efficient, effective and profitable operations of the bakery
- He/she will supervise the daily activities of the unit, determine workflow and scheduling, implement operational procedures and policies, as well coordinates human relations.
- Planning, organizing, and supervising day-to-day operations
- Oversee quality control and ensure full compliance to safety standards in the confectionery
- Oversee the manufacture/production of bakery products to attain target revenues, whilst ensuring minimal waste
- Be hands-on and be actively involved in the day-to-day physical production of all bakery produce and services
- Coordinate the unit under stringent health and safety guidelines
- Direct and coordinate activities involved with bakery products’ production, sale, and distribution
- In charge of planning product distribution to customers, and working with the supply chain function to negotiate with suppliers in the areas of purchase and deliveries
- Develop budget and costing for operations in the bakery, using experience and knowledge of current market conditions
- To determine mixture and quantity of bakery products to be produced, according to orders and sales projections for customers
- Handle, investigate and respond to customers’ complaints or requests regarding food quality and safety
- Develop and recommend improvements to existing recipe for bakery products such as cakes, breads, pies, rolls, muffins, other baked products
- Ability to use baking equipment is very ideal
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Food Science and Technology, Hotel and Catering Management, etc.
- Previous experience in operations from a standard bakery
- At least four (4) years work experience in a similar position
- Previous culinary or short courses in pie making, cake decoration, bread baking, etc
- Salary is between N80,000 – N100,000/m (based on experience)
Deadline: 10th February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org using ‘Chef’ as the subject of application.
Note: Experienced candidates will be invited for interviews.