The Precious Cornerstone University (PCU) an Institution of the Sword of the Spirit Ministries was licensed on December 6, 2017 by Federal Government of Nigeria as a private Faith Based University. The University is commencing operation with two faculties namely; Faculty of Pure and Applied Sciences, Faculty of Social and Management Sciences and five (5) Departments.
The Governing Council of the Precious Cornerstone University (PCU), Ibadan, wishes to commence the process of filling the vacant position below:
Job Title: Deputy Librarian
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- The University Deputy Librarian is to assist the Librarian as the Library Manager of the university and the administration of the university’s Library System.
- In the absence of the Librarian, the Deputy Librarian shall act.
- The candidate for the University Deputy Librarian position must possess good honours Degree(s) in any discipline and a Master’s Degree in Library Information Studies from a recognized university.
- The possession of a Ph.D. degree in similar areas will be an added advantage.
- In addition to the academic or professional qualifications, the candidate must possess evidence of membership of library professional bodies and registration with the Librarian Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN), which is the regulatory agency for the practice of librarianship in Nigeria.
- Above all, the candidate must possess good managerial skills and competences including a clear understanding of the nature and dynamics of the intricacies in deploying information technologies as tools for the management of information collections in line with global best practices in contemporary university libraries or similar institutions.
- The prospective candidate must have put a minimum of fifteen (15) years of cognate work experience in university library(ies).
- Three (3)of these years must have been at Library Management position not lower than that of a Chief Librarian or its equivalents.
Terms and Condition
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of University Deputy Librarian as maybe determined from time to time by the Governing Council.
- The successful candidate shall hold the office for a term of five years.
- Fringe benefits include a Pension Scheme in consonance with the Contributory Pension Scheme and appropriate allowances as may be approved, from time to time, by the Governing Council
Job Title: Deputy Bursar
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- The Deputy Bursar is to assist the Bursar in matters relating to the finances of the university.
- He/She shall assist the Bursar for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the university.
- In the absence of the Bursar, he/ she shall act.
- Applicants must possess a good honors degree in accounting or related discipline.
- Possession of a Masters Degree in a relevant discipline. In addition, the candidate must possess at least one of the following; ACA, ACMA, CPA, ACCA, ICAN or ANAN.
- The candidate must be ready to be an active member of the team that will generate fund for the running of the university.
- Applicants should not be older than 60 years as at date of possible assumption of duty.
- The candidate must also be computer literate and have a working knowledge of good Accounting packages.
- Applicants are required to have a minimum of fifteen (15) years post-qualification experience in a university or comparable institution and must be professionally qualified.
- In addition, applicants must have a minimum of three (3) years residency at the level of a Chief Accountant or its equivalent.
Terms and Condition
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of Deputy Bursar as may be determined from time to time by the Governing Council.
- The successful candidate shall hold the office for a period of five years. The appointment may however, subject to satisfactory performance, be extended for another one (1) year and no more.
- Fringe benefits include a Pension Scheme in consonance with the Contributory Pension Scheme and appropriate allowances as may be approved, from time to time, by the Governing Council.
Job Title: Deputy Registrar
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- The Deputy Registrar is to assist the Registrar in matters relating to the Council, Senate, Convocation and Congregation.
- In the absence of the Registrar, the Deputy Registrar shall act.
- Candidates shall possess a good Honours Degree in Humanities or related disciplines with at least 15 years relevant experience in university administration.
- Possession of higher degree and membership of recognized professional bodies will be added advantage.
- Applicant must have occupied the position of at least Senior Assistant Registrar in a university.
- The Candidate shall be a person of rounded character and personality with excellent interpersonal relations.
- The candidate must be able to instill confidence in others and command the loyalty and respect of people.
- The candidate must fully understand the complexity of a university system and capable of bringing out the best in the subordinates.
- The candidate must enjoy good health and be ICT compliant.
- The candidate must be of pleasant disposition, high integrity and strong moral character as to inspire and maintain discipline among staff and students.
Conditions of Service
- The appointment shall be for a single term of five years.
- Fringe benefits include pension scheme and other entitlements as may, from time to time, be approved by the Governing Council.
Deadline: 4th April, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward the following:
- Twenty (20) copies of application letter should be accompanied by 20 copies of the candidate’s detailed Curriculum Vitae duly signed and dated.
- The Curriculum Vitae must contain the candidate’s name in full (Surname first), Date of Birth (not age), gender, marital status, current address including e-mail and telephone numbers, work experience, nationality, professional and academic achievements, names and addresses of three referees.
- A vision Statement for the library of not more than 1000 words.
All applications are to be forwarded under confidential cover in a sealed envelope marked at the upper left hand cover “Application for the Post of University Deputy Librarian” Precious Cornerstone University addressed to:
The Office of the Registrar and Secretary to Governing Council,
Precious Cornerstone University,