eRecruiter Nigeria Limited – Our client, a multinational textile company that produces and distributes fashion fabrics for the African market and African consumers globally. The company’s brands have become an essential part of African culture.
Due to expansion, they require the services of a qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Retail Shop Manager
- To operate the store in accordance with company and brand policies and procedures, motivating and leading the store staff team in order to ensure net sales and shop staff cost control, while allowing functional managers to provide excellent service to consumers, present the brand and its products to the best levels.
- Focus: Net sales growth, shop staff cost optimization, consumer and brand excellence, cash/asset control.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a good University
- At least 3 Years’ experience in Retail fashion or Branded business
- Excellent English both written and spoken is a must
- Good French would be a plus
- Preferably Female.
- Strong leadership and analytical skills
- Good knowledge of inventory management and visual merchandising
- Must have Advance knowledge of Excel
- Manage shop floor staff hierarchically
- Ensure functional leadership of Brand Consumer Relationships Manager to Brand Hostess
- Hiring firing shop staff, in line with central function profiles, recruitment managed by local HRM, sign off needed from Area manager.
- Operate the store and manage goals and priorities to achieve the Sales targets in units and in values
- Organizing the shop and planning tasks efficiently to allow sales staff to focus primarily on serving the customers and selling
- Ensuring the presentation and visual merchandising is executed in accordance with company and brand policies
- Maintaining and encouraging positive attitudes towards the Brand and the merchandise
- Lead by example, live the brand
- Ensure rules principles and guidelines on the cashiers activities
- Organize cost control via optimizing shop staff presence planning
- Ensure compliance with all operating standards, policies, and procedures, which include:
- Ensuring the safekeeping and protection of all company assets (owned or rented)
- Ensuring that all in-store systems are used, updated and maintained in the correct way at all times by appropriate and properly trained staff
- Execution of various administrative tasks (Receiving goods, handling vouchers, following banking procedures, POS Merchant cards, handling product complaints, proper reporting etc.)
- Replenishing sold items from the stock room and where required ordering them at the central retail merchant
- Facilitate the Brand Hostess in ensuring that all customers are welcomed and that they receive the best possible service by:
- Being an example to the sales staff and providing a proper level of service to customers and potential customers
- Facilitating sales to customers in compliance with all company policies and conditions
- Encouraging and motivating the staff to offer visitors assistance in various ways, including:
- Finding appropriate products in the store;
- Answering any questions they may have (availability, suitability, price, composition etc.); trying on garments, viewing fabrics etc.;
- Assessing the cash desk to make sales etc.
- Ensuring customer service levels are maintained at all times
- Performing regular full or partial physical stock takes in conformity with corporate policies and procedures
- Identifying any discrepancies between system stocks and physical counts and physical counts and recounting where appropriate
- Leading, managing and coaching the sales team to develop “best practices”
- Motivating and inspiring the shop staff team
- Setting clear goals and targets for employees
- Controlling the daily tasks of the staff and providing regular feedback and evaluations of their performance
- Maintaining proper staff planning to ensure correct staffing of the shop at all times.
- Reviewing and obtaining Head Office approval for any stock adjustments
- Organizing, managing, developing and staffing the store in line with corporate guidelines and values in order to be equipped for current and future business challenges and contribute to the optimisation of results.
- Creating a transparent, proactive and motivating environment where staff can take responsibility,
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 14th March, 2018.