FINCA is a leading international Microfinance Institution offering financial services and products to small scale businesses that have been turned down by traditional banks, so that these businesses can start, grow, and diversify with resulting increases in family income, nutrition, employment and well-being.
FINCA pioneered the “Village Banking method of credit delivery, now used by hundreds of organizations worldwide. Our programs reach low-income people in more diverse countries than any other microfinance provider.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Service Desk Analyst
Location: Owerri, Imo
- FINCA Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position for Service Desk Analyst (SDA). The SDA reports directly to the Information Service Manager or as may be assigned.
- The SDA is responsible in the management of calls, incidents and orders, following the ITIL standards to resolve technical queries.
- The SDA shall provide support to customer raising issues with IT department and own the ability to learn technical concepts quickly in order to deliver world class customer service.
- Provide an efficient single point of customer contact with IT regarding incidents and service requests through the available communication channels (phone, email, call management systems).
- Deliver first line IT support function and services (online) to the business. Online services include password reset, user accounts locking / unlocking, force user logouts, statement queue maintenance, process and general inquiries.
- Identify and collect sufficient information from customers regarding incidents and service requests through smart initial analysis.
- Ensures that all reported or identified incidents and service requests are logged into the relevant call management systems, in order of category, prioritized and assigned to the right resolver team, either internal or external, including vendors.
- Alert business and other relevant stakeholders of high impact incident through service exception alerts, service exception reports and the internal IT incident white board.
- Solicit for feedback and completion estimates from resolver groups and provide regular updates to customers regarding incidents and service requests.
- Identify and escalate approaching or crystallized SLA breaches regarding logged incidents and service requests.
- Ensure all relevant service desk processes and procedures are up to date by identifying process improvements where possible
- Drive forward the continuous improvement of the Africa FINCA Services function by championing change and creating, amending and vetting the knowledge.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or the equivalent.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ work experience in a help desk and telephone utilization function.
- Proven ability in effective communication.
- General experience in office administration
- General Knowledge of a wide range of group products, services and applications relevant to the area Knowledge of SLA’s and working to meet deadlines
- Experience of working within a customer service environment.
- Awareness of industry standard accreditations
- Previous helpdesk experience and utilization of telephone.
- Working knowledge of call, incident, order and change management. Knowledge of IT infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes and procedures.
- General awareness of the bank’s products, services and policies.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills – Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Meets commitments. Managing People – Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; Makes self-available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality; Experienced in performance development.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Resume with the job position as the subject of the email to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org For consideration, all resume must be in word or PDF format.
Application Deadline 6th March, 2018.