Care International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in 94 countries around the world to support over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type Full Time
- The Finance Officer – position is based in the Maiduguri office and is responsible for multi-tasking responsibilities including acting as the focal person for all financial issues related to the sub offices, cash and treasury management, and General Ledger.
- The position performs data entry, all banking activities for the sub offices office as well as external funds transfers.
- He / She is to ensure that CARE Nigeria financial policies, regulations and procedures are followed in all financial transactions and the review of project and travel advances (TERs) etc.
- Record all accruals in the GL module of PeopleSoft.
- Ensure all adjustments are recorded in the system on time.
- Petty cash uploads are properly recorded in the system with the correct charging details.
- Month end entries are done timely.
- Act as a backup for the finance assistant when required.
- Perform all treasury management duties in the sub office(s)
- Record all deposits received in the sub office(s) timely.
- Initiate both local and foreign bank transfers and ensure transfers are done on time.
- Send monthly bank statements and fees to the Shared service center.
- Prepare the income information report to HQ.
- Review sub office(s) deposits periodically and make the necessary adjustments.
- Respond to all bank reconciliation questions and updates from Shared Service Centre
- Manage the sub office(s) cash to maximize gains and minimize losses
- Centralize all monthly cash requirements and prepare all cash transfer to CUSA
- Participate in the internal control and review of the sub office(s) books and accounts:
- Prepare monthly sub ledgers for balance sheet account and prepare appropriate correction.
- Review Travel Expense Reports (TERs) of staff and other project advances before they are posted in the system.
- Prepare monthly income tax, withholding tax and pensions contributions of staff for payment to the appropriate tax offices and pension fund administrators.
- Reconcile for Tax and pensions accounts and for initiating the necessary adjustment.
- Prepare the provision for severance benefits and other benefits payments (including international staff payments).
- Assist Logistics Officer to reconcile the sub office(s) Inventories with the asset account
- Ensure timely preparation of month end and other reports
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Minimum of First degree in Accounting, Finance Management or a combination of education and work experience
Required Skills and Experience:
- A Minimum of 3 – 4 years progressively responsible in Accounting, Financial Management of INGO and/or directly related areas
- Excellent Analytical skill, good written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and work with minimum supervision
- Ability to multitask and work within deadlines
- Proficient in use of Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook (or similar software);
- Good knowledge of Accounting practice, policies and procedures
- Strong level of autonomy to provide independent follows through on processing issues and concerns.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong team player and Integrity
- Strong problem solving, analytical, operational, and coordinating abilities,
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong customer service focus and ability to work well with people from varied backgrounds and cultures at all levels in organization.
- Familiarity with donor rules and regulations (EU, USAID, CIDA)
Job Title: Safety and Security Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full Time
Job Field: Security / Intelligence
- The role of the Safety and Security Officer (SSO) is focused on the continuous implementation of safety and Security strategies and protocols in order to ensure a high level of safety and wellbeing for all CARE International staff based in field location.
- The SSO will maintain a high level of contextual awareness of his/her operating area and strong coordination with Program and Program support teams at the field level.
- He/ She will promote a strong Safety and Security culture at their field office(s) through continuous trainings and collaborative security assessments with all field based staff.
- The SSO will serve as the Safety and Security unit representative at field level and also serve, when required as the Safety unit representative on the Field Crisis Management Team.
- The SSO will report directly to the Safety and Security Manager, and will be an integral part of the Safety and Security Unit. This Position will be based in Maiduguri
- Continuously monitoring the environment in the operational areas for which he/she is responsible. As required, and at a minimum of once per quarter, support Safety and Security Manager on updating the Safety and Security strategies for CARE International.
- Based on current context make recommendations to the Team leader/Safety and Security Manager for updates to Field Level Standard Operating Procedures and Safety Risk Management Plans.
- Ensure that the Field Level Security Plans and associated documents are kept up to date and reviewed regularly
- Ensure the safety readiness of all CARE staff at Field level through regular integration of safety and Security management priorities and objectives into Field Office planning
- Brief, manage and liaise on daily basis with the contracted guarding services to ensure the guard force is aware of CARE standards and can effectively provide for the safety of CARE compound/staff and assets
- Liaise with government, Army, Police, SSS, Local Heads and other key external stakeholders to ensure that CARE staff can maintain regular and safe access to program areas
- Prepare Hibernation, Relocation and Evacuation plan for the area of responsibility with the support of Safety and Security Manager.
- Prepare office Emergency procedures with the support of Safety and Security Manager.
- Maintaining physical safety standards as established by the Safety unit for CARE office and guesthouse at Field level
- Ensuring that all CARE Field based staff are aware of established Safety and Security strategies and have the means to follow established protocols on a continuous basis
- Ensuring that the contracted guard force maintains a high standard of guarding for CARE office and residence, and when required take corrective action in coordination with the Guard force management
- Ensuring that required relationships with local police and other security agencies are maintained in order to assist (when required) with ensuring the safety of CARE staff, facilities and assets
- In coordination with the Safety and Security Manager, develop and implement quarterly training plans for all CARE Field level staff focused on safety awareness and skill sets
- During any critical incident or crises serve as the Safety and Security unit representation on the Field level Crisis Management Team (F-CMT)
- Ensure that all Field Level Crisis management plans are kept up to date and reviewed regularly
- Support to International Visitors or CARE’s International staff
- Minimum of First degree in a field related to Humanitarian Work or Risk Management
Required Skills and Experience:
- A Minimum of 5 years of demonstrative experience in INGO/NGO or UN field (operations)with at least 2 years of field safety management experience included
- Competent and literate in English, verbal and written, with a sound knowledge of technical expressions
- Competent and literate in local language of Maiduguri, verbal and written, with a sound knowledge of technical expressions
- Sound judgment and the ability to work effectively with others at all levels
- Strong assessment, evaluation, analysis and strategic planning skills
- IT literate, MS – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in developing safety related technical tools guidelines and systems
- Interpersonal communication and proven written / presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage under stressful conditions
- Demonstrated knowledge of the historical and socio-political context of Nigeria
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and detailed CV’s electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indicate clearly in the subject line the position you are applying for (in Caps)
- Save your CV with your name before attaching it.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Application Deadline 22nd February, 2018.