Latest Jobs at West African Power Pool (WAPP) – 2018
The West African Power Pool (WAPP) is an organization created to integrate the national power system operations into a unified regional electricity market – with the expectation that such mechanism would, over the medium to long-term, assure the citizens of ECOWAS Member States a stable and reliable electricity supply at affordable costs. it will create a level playing field facilitating the balanced development of diverse energy resources of ECOWAS Member States for their collective economic benefit, through long-term energy sector cooperation, unimpeded energy transit and increasing cross-border electricity trade.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: External Auditor
Location: Cotonou, Benin
The WAPP operates within the framework of provisions of the ECOWAS treaty as an international organization accorded diplomatic immunities in the performance of its functions, has judicial capacity in executing its functions enshrined in the WAPP Articles of Agreement, possesses contractual capacity and rights to acquire and dispose off tangible and intangible assets.
The governance structure consist of a General Assembly, which is the highest decision making body, an Executive Board which is responsible for policy making and overseeing operations, several organizational committees that advise the Executive Board on technical and financial matters, and the General Secretariat that is responsible for actual day to day management and is based in Cotonou, Republic of Benin.
- WAPP is now desirous of appointing an External Auditor for financial audit of its statutory financial statements.
- The initial contract shall be for two periods, beginning in the financial year 2018
The criteria that will be used for the final selection will be as follows:
- Specific experience of the firm related to the assignment
- Adequacy of the proposed work plan and methodology
- Qualifications and competence of the key staff for the Assignment
- Local participation (as reflected by ECOWAS citizens among key sniff)
Deadline: 9th March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified auditing firms should send their Expressions of Interest (EOI) which should be in one original and three copies and should be clearly marked to:
The Secretary General,
West African Power Pool Secretariat,
06 BP 2907, Cotonou,
Republic of Benin.
Tel .: (229)21 3741 95, Fax (229) 21 3771 43.
- This call for Expressions of Interest is open to all auditing firms having a valid auditing practicing license in any of the member states of the ECO WAS.
- Submissions received after the stipulated time above will not be considered.
- Interested auditing firms may obtain further information from: Mr Alois Ndorere, Procurement Specialist, West African Power Pool Secretariat, 06 BP 2907, Cotonou, Republic of Benin. TeL: (229)21 3741 95,. Fax (229)21 3771 43.