Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) incorporated in October 2007. HIFASS was primarily established as a continued effort of the Nigeria Ministry of Defence Health services to provide strategic manpower needs of the Military health facilities so as to meet the health needs of Military personnel, their families and the population around military health facilities, especially for the control of HIV epidemic and other related diseases. Over the years, HIFASS has grown and extended her services beyond the barracks; working in 19 states of the federation, by supporting vulnerable population such as orphans and vulnerable children, caregivers in households, reaching pregnant women accessing antenatal care and providing HIV/AIDS testing services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Capacity & Organizational Development Advisor
Location: Cross River
Reports To: Chief of Party
Work Hours: Full-time 40 hours/week
- Local OVC Partners in Nigeria – Region 3 (LOPIN-3) is a five-year, PEPFAR/USAID-funded project implemented in Cross River and Ebonyi States. The project works with all LGAs, communities, households and families where children who are orphaned or made vulnerable due to HIV/AIDS and other disabilities
- LOPIN-3 works within the context of overall goal of “mitigating the impact of HIV/AIDS on children and families”. LOPIN-3 is premised on the application of tri-focus approach of community engagement, delivery of coordinated care and support services and capacity development for local organizations for better OVC management systems in the two States
- LOPIN-3 is implemented by a consortium of Nigerian organizations with Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS) as the lead partner and others, including People-to-People Health Foundation, Nigeria, Calabar Arch-Diocesan Action Committee on AIDS (CAACA) and Catholic Diocese of Abakaliki, Succour and Development Services Initiative (SUCCDEV).The project is seeking for the services of a seasoned professional to fill the position below.
- The Capacity and Organizational Development Advisor (CODA) will work under the overall guidance of the Chief of Party and Program Director to address organizational capacity needs and develop strategic and innovative approaches to build individual and organizations capacity that enhances performance on LOPIN-3 project.
- Proven track record for building partnerships and growing country program portfolios. Minimum of 5 years’ experience living in a developing country setting.
- Minimum Education/Training Requirement: Master’s Degree or equivalent in a Health or related Medical or Social Science field.
- Prior Work Experience Minimum of 15 years work experience in health program management in developing countries, preferably Africa.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrable leadership, organizational, managerial and communication skills.
- English fluency required.
Essential Job Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities
- Lead the design and assessment of organizational capacities of local partners at State, LGA and community levels including NGOs, CBOs and FBOs working on OVC, HIV/AIDS and health related development areas in Cross River and Ebonyi States.
- Development of organizational capacity improvement plans.
- Develop organizational capacities of local partners in Leadership, Organizational management, Strategic planning, Resource mobilization, Financial management, Organizational effectiveness, Capacity building, Program management and Monitoring, supervision and evaluation.
- Support proposal writing efforts of local organizations for improved resource allocation for implementation of OVC, HIV/AIDS and health related interventions for increased funding opportunities.
- Provide hands-on supervision, mentoring/coaching to community groups implementing OVC service delivery.
- Assist beneficiary communities to identify their capacity building priorities, identify problems and issues to be addressed and initiate corrective actions; liaise with relevant parties; ensure follow-up actions.
- Assist community groups develop clear roles for OVC programming
- Prepare all necessary project progress reports and project implementation delivery rate reports, together with other dedicated project personnel.
- Organize and prepare written outputs, e.g. draft background paper, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications etc.
- Develop strategies and initiatives to achieve the objectives of the project.
- Consider and seize opportunities to improve organizational efficiency and productivity of local organizations.
- Implementing and delivering tools and processes that support organizational development, the leadership strategy, and career succession and talent management.
- Lead and/or participate in large, complex capacity-related exercises, including provision of guidance to external consultants, government officials and other parties.
- Coordinate activities related to budget funding for the component (substantive reports preparation and submission, progress reports, financial statements) and prepare related documents/reports.
- Work with other members of the team and various stakeholders to identify needs and design and oversee institutional, financial and technical capacity building interventions.
- Support the development of technical documents, abstracts, presentations, and other reports documenting the achievements, lessons learned, and other findings related to the project.
- Provide hands-on supervision, mentoring/coaching to the Capacity Building Officer and CBO’s staff
- Monitor progress towards project capacity building objectives in the respective state.
- Ensure that all project activities are streamlined and integrated, in both theory and practice.
Deadline: 20th February, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their current Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter in only one attachment (MS word document) and indicate the title of the position and choice of location as the subject of the mail to: email@example.com
Note: Only shortlisted applicant will be invited for interview.