Latest Recruitment at Civil Society Scaling-Up Nutrition in Nigeria (CS-SUNN) – 2018
The Civil Society Scaling-Up Nutrition in Nigeria (CS-SUNN) is a non-governmental, non-profit making coalition, made up of organizations with a shared vision to transform Nigeria into a country where every citizen is food and nutrition secured. We pursue this lofty goal by engaging government and non-state actors to raise awareness, sustain commitment and actions to effectively tackle under-nutrition in Nigeria. The coalition was formally launched on the 7th of August, 2014.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
- The Finance Manager shall assume responsibility for bookkeeping and accounting functions of the project, and ensure compliance with the contractual requirements of the project
- He/She plans, organizes, directs, and controls all accounting and financial operations for the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance to all local regulatory provisions e.g. tax board, EFCC etc
- Analyze, develop, and monitor accounting/fiscal control procedures and program budgets including monitoring cash flows and requesting for fund transfers from Donor
- Prepare written and verbal responses to inquiries and requests for budgetary information from Donors and Project Team.
- Lead in the timely completion of month end and year end activities and ensure all requested yearend audit adjustments are completed
- Assists the programmes team in contractual modifications necessary for existing business/programs, and develops costing strategy to provide assistance in the preparation of cost proposals
- Carry out such other duties and assignments, as may be requested by the Project Director
- Prepares financial statements, estimates, summaries, and other financial analysis and management reports
- Prepare, develop and analyze key financial information to ensure that the organization’s management makes well informed decisions to ensure future stability and growth
- Ensures orderly execution of the annual budget cycle with provision of approved annual budget by December 31st each year.
- Accurately keep all books of account for the project, including petty cash register, cheque register, fixed assets register and all other accounting records
- Assists in directing of financial forecasting, planning, and budget processes
- Maintain financial and business policies, controls, and reporting procedures
- Ensures that fiscal and business activities comply with donor/grant requirements
- Lead the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports, including the preparation of bank reconciliations and receipts
- Monitor the organization’s budget in accordance with approved workplan activities
- Act as the organization’s resource person in the interpretation of financial and accounting policies/guidelines.
- Prepare Donor financial reports
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance or its recognized equivalent
- Possession of a professional qualification (e.g. CPA. ACA, ICAN or recognized equivalent) will be a major advantage
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in accounting, auditing, budgeting, financial planning and analysis or other financial activities; related to NGOs and community level programs, with increasing responsibility
- Experience in the management of funds in a donor-based, non-profit context
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance
- Proven ability in building capacity of organizations in financial management
- Ability to represent the organization to donors, government officials and the NGO community in financial matters when necessary
- Proven ability in supervising staff when necessary
- Well-developed computer skills and accounting packages like Quick books and others
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel in Nigeria for minimum of 25%
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple task functions simultaneously
- Familiarity with the accounting, administrative, auditing, and reporting requirements of major donors (e.g. USAID, DFID, EU)
- Experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above
Deadline: 23rd February, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV’s and qualifying statements, explaining why they are suitable for the job, to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com stating the position applied for as the subject of the mail
- Applications without appropriate subject will be disqualified.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Applications will be treated as they are received and only shortlist candidates will be contacted