The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
- Supervises, implements and runs logistic procedures
- Handles logistical files independently for all matters relating to Requisition Orders, Purchasing and Warehousing
- Performs various Logistics functions, Local Purchase, Fleet management, Warehousing (including medical warehouse), dispatch, and statistics
- Ensures that the departments have their needs and requests addressed within a reasonable timeframe, in accordance to ICRC procedures
- Negotiates contractual matters with external interlocutors
- Supervises independently the work performed by team members
- Maintains independently the ICRC logistic computer systems (FSS)
- Act as fleet manager on the field and Manager for drivers: planning, appraisals etc
- University degree in Logistic or Administration
- Minimum 4 years experience in a similar field
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Other languages an asset (Hausa)
- Excellent computer skills (Word and Excel), including ICRC standard computer systems
- Driving licence
- Good knowledge of ICRC rules and procedures
- Proactivity and flexibility
- Capacity to carry out complex activities
- Good communication and Negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently and sense of initiative
- Capacity to deal with people, to lead and to develop contact
- Strong sense of responsibility and adaptability
- Flexibility, availability to work over time when needed
- Willingness to learn
Deadline: 12th February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.orgclearly indicate “Logistics Assistant Kano” as the subject of your application.
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.