Jemi Neil Consulting – Our client, a reputable Children Activity Centre has given us the task to source candidates with quality hands-on work experience who genuinely loves children. The age group of children attending the activity center is age 3 months to 11 years.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Marketing and Communications Manager
Location: Lekki Phase 1, Lagos
Reports to: The Executive Director
- The Marketing and Communications Manager will drive the overall marketing and communications strategy for the company to engage and convert sponsors, donors, schools, and community groups, members and walk-in guests.
- Also, to compile and co-ordinate the annual marketing and communications plan that considers the full marketing and communications mix and aims to deliver a sense of community and increase customer numbers.
- Promote the image of the institution: Generate positive publicity and high-profile coverage through various platforms.
- Ensure articulation of the company’s desired image and position, consistent communication of image and position throughout the institution, and communication of image and position to prospective clients/partners.
- Develop, lead and deliver a pro-active online presence for the activity center. This includes designing and implementing social media concepts and content using the most effective platforms – Website, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, blogs and other social media networking opportunities professionally.
- In partnership with the Executive Director and Educational Director, focus on the further development of the activity center’s brand.
- Develop relationships with schools and businesses and the community in order to raise the profile of the children activity center in the local area and support recruitment.
Marketing & Communication:
- Hold primary responsibility for communication and interactions with major donors and support CEO and board in all major donor and prospect contacts
- Ensure stewardship of past, current and prospective donors through personal visits, articulate correspondence, timely gift acknowledgements, and strategic administration of naming opportunities
- Plan, develop and direct an annual marketing action plan for the children activity center to support its programs and operations.
- Commission or undertake appropriate market research including competitor analysis, demographic and economic reviews, and examination of educational and recreational trends. Ensure the systematic collection, review and analysis of market information to identify competitor tactics, market trends, new opportunities and challenges
- Develop the in-house skills for marketing.
- Supervise all data collection needed for reports
Customer Admission & Registration Process:
- Track prospective client’s data and customer growth
- Conduct tours at the activity center
- Communicate our purpose and our ethos to prospective customers
- Process all steps in the registration procedure
- Develop and maintain a database of prospective client’s contacts to facilitate customer relationship management & direct mailing to recruit prospective clients/partners.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Education: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or related field required.
- Knowledge of current traditional and digital marketing channels, technologies, and tools
- Knowledge of non-profit funding strategies
- Experience: A minimum of three (3) years working experience in public relations, communications, or marketing with demonstrated experience managing a comprehensive strategic communications program that advances an organizational mission.
- Experience managing and using data for marketing purposes
- Government relations, public relations, and corporate communications experience
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Entrepreneurial Thinking – Has the ability to envision the future of the institution and design solutions to communicate the organization’s primary cause, seeing and responding to opportunities for collaboration with other organizations and individuals.
- Autonomy – Exhibits the drive and ownership necessary to independently lead the organization’s marketing and communication goals and objectives to actualize its vision.
- Strategic Thinking – Is able to evaluate and analyze existing data to design the children activity center’s necessary marketing and communication strategy.
- High Executive Function – Exhibits the time management, planning, organization and persistence skills to accomplish the set goals with emotional stability, objectivity, and optimism even under pressure.
- Strong Communication skills – Has the flawless articulation, vocabulary, charisma and presence to communicate with the organization’s stakeholders; orally and in writing.
- Resourcefulness – Can ingeniously find the resources to efficiently execute the organization’s strategy/operations, and solve arising problems.
- Interpersonal: Exhibits a high level of ability to work as part of a team. Able to inspire oneself and others to achieve and surpass set targets and goals. Can empathize and show compassion towards others when necessary, without losing sight of individual role and responsibility.
- Intrapersonal: Has a conscious ability to channel emotions towards achieving set targets, while also gaining intrinsic satisfaction from such executions. A strong internal resilience that allows you think, see, speak and act in ways that lead to external productivity as a member of the organization.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should send their CV’s as an attachment to: email@example.com with the “Job Title” as the e-mail subject.
- Only short-listed candidates who meet specified requirements will be contacted
- Candidates must be available to resume immediately.