Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) – We coordinate and unify the petroleum policies of its Member Countries and ensure the stabilization of oil markets in order to secure an efficient, economic and regular supply of petroleum to consumers, a steady income to producers and a fair return on capital for those investing in the petroleum industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Petroleum Industry Analyst
Job Code: 5.3.03
- The Energy Studies Department monitors, analyses and forecasts world energy developments in the medium and long term and reports thereon, in particular providing in-depth studies and reports on energy issues.
- It identifies and follows up key areas of energy-related emerging technologies and research and development (R&D), facilitates and supports planning and implementation of collaborative energy-related R&D programs of Member Countries, as well as identifies prospects for OPEC participation in major international R&D activities.
- It carries out studies and reports on developments in the petroleum industry, providing effective tools for carrying out model-based studies of analyses and projections of energy supply/demand and downstream simulation.
- It elaborates OPEC Long Term Strategy and monitors, analyses and reports on relevant national or regional policies (fiscal, energy, trade and environmental), assessing their impacts on energy markets
- It monitors developments and undertakes specific studies on energy demand and production-related technology, assessing implications for OPEC.
Objective of Position
- To study and analyse medium to long term strategies, plans, operations and performance of petroleum-related companies and to assess the impact on OPEC and on the medium to long-term oil outlook; to monitor and analyse developments in the petroleum industry structure and assess the impact on OPEC.
Required Competencies and Qualifications
- University degree in Economics, Finance or Engineering
- Advanced degree preferred
- University degree: 8 years in the petroleum industry or in oil-related companies or institutions.
- Advanced degree: 6 years
- Economic analysis
- Analysis of the financial performance of companies
- Analysis of company strategies
- Corporate planning
- Knowledge of oil companies’ operations along the value chain
- Communication skills
- Customer service orientation
- Language: English
- Analytical skills
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Collects/treats data, and analyses and reports on major oil companies’ strategies, plans, operations, performance and investment.
- Studies and analyses developments in petroleum industry structure.
- Contributes to the preparation of technical reports on medium- to long-term developments.
- In collaboration with the Environment Matters Unit studies and assesses developments in multilateral negotiations, in particular within the WTO framework, with relevance to the petroleum industry.
- Contributes to speeches, articles and presentations to internal meetings and various international forums.
- Carries out any other tasks assigned by the relevant superiors as pertain to his/her background, qualifications and position.
Status and Benefits
- Members of the Secretariat are international employees whose responsibilities are not national but exclusively international. In carrying out their functions they have to demonstrate the personal qualities expected of international employees such as integrity, independence and impartiality.
- The post is at grade E reporting to the Head of Energy Studies Department. The compensation package, including expatriate benefits, is commensurate with the level of the post.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to fill in a résumé and an application form which can be received from their Country’s Governor
(PDF) (See Nigeria address below) for OPEC. In order for applications to be considered, the application form and resume must reach the OPEC Secretariat through the relevant Governor not later than the closing date stated above.
NIGERIA COUNTRY GOVERNOR
Federal Republic of Nigeria
Dr. Omar Farouk Ibrahim, MCIPR,
Group General Manager, International Energy Relations (GGM IER),
Governor for OPEC,
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation – NNPC,
Block D 10th Floor, Room 04, NNPC Towers
Note: Applicants must be nationals of Member Countries of OPEC and should not be older than 58 years
Application Deadline 3rd April, 2018.