Geometrics Synergy Services Limited (GSSL) is an indigenous petroleum products sales and marketing company with offices in Lagos, Abuja, Yola, and Maiduguri. In view of its recent strategic direction to broaden its scope of operations, GSSL invites applicants who are interested in joining us in our mission to becoming the undisputed leader in the downstream oil and gas sector of the Nigerian economy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Depot Manager – Petroleum Depot
- Manage the tank farm team and operations
- Authorise and supervise meter loading, requests, waybills, product receipts and tank transfer
- Receipt of vessels/cargo at the jetty, loading and other general tank farm activities.
- Meet all requirements for product quality, safety and environmental protection.
- Conduct stock reconciliation with client/customer.
- Generate stock report to Head of Operations.
- Report outstanding issues to Head of Operations.
- Ensure and maintain a safe and secure environment for personnel.
- Ensure quality checks and procedures are duly carried out and documented, monitor non-conformances in the depot.
- Ensure drains in flush tank are sent back to storage tanks before close of business.
- Ensure smooth administrative running of the depot.
- Ensure that truck loading operations and all other depot activities are conducted in adherence to safety and other applicable regulations.
- Oversee daily monitoring of stock in the storage tanks to ensure minimal loss
- Document and circulate reports as required.
- Ensure compliance to operational and safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Liaise with surveyors and regulatory agencies.
- Perform other duties assigned
- Bachelor degree or HND in Petroleum or Chemical Engineering or other related engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in depot management, at least 3 of which must be in a supervisory/managerial capacity.
- HSE Certification is compulsory
- Relevant postgraduate or professional certification will be an added advantage.
- Full understanding of the global best practices and value chain functioning of the oil & gas sector.
- Must be astute in strategic thinking and planning.
- Must possess exceptional managerial and leadership skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Tools
Job Title: Maintenance Manager
- Supervise all maintenance works at the depot
- Supervise and ensure that depot is ready to receive vessels
- Prompt rectification of all faulty equipment
- Reduction of breakdown on equipment
- Ensure there is no downtime of equipment and machines at the depot by ensuring preventive maintenance is carried out as appropriate
- Performing preventive checks monthly, weekly, or yearly as instructed
- Conducting daily checks on specified equipment before operations use
- Carry out routine and scheduled maintenance as at when due on calibration of meters & gauges, servicing of pumps, cleaning of tanks etc.
- Conduct servicing of pumps, cleaning of tanks etc.
- Prepare maintenance report as may be required
- Draw out and implement maintenance programme for all equipment at the depot.
- Managing on-the-job training of maintenance team
- Preparing of the Depot for inspection by international organization and regulatory bodies
- Enforcing of discipline in the maintenance team
- Perform other duties assigned.
- Minimum of BSC Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in similar role with at least 3 years’ experience in Managerial role
- Aviation / Oil & Gas Industry Experience
- Experience in maintaining specialised equipment and trucks
- Sound knowledge of; Project Management, Engineering Design and Management, Budgeting and cost control and Proficiency in the use of MS Office package
Job Title: Depot Manager – Aviation Tank Farm
- Ensure the smooth running of the depot in order to meet desired objectives
- Maintain operational excellence in all depot activities/operations (Bowser operations, Tank Farm Operations, Equipment maintenance- Fixed and Mobile etc.)
- Ensure 100% compliance of all depots with all technical, regulatory requirements and safety standards
- Investigate and mitigate operational losses when/if they occur
- Ensure effective and efficient product management and distribution
- Organize and prepare for inspection and leading the audit team during internal/external audit
- Relationship management with regulatory bodies and stakeholders eg IATA, FAAN
- Handle urgent requests for supplies by client representatives as appropriate
- Minimize to barest minimum, equipment downtime of fixed and mobile facilities, to prevent negative impact on customer commitments
- Crisis management during equipment failure, product scarcity or any other related issues
- Prepare daily reports to the Regional Operations Manager on stock levels and condition of equipment
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree/ equivalent in Engineering or related Course/ five years’ experience in the aviation industry/related roles.
- Minimum of 5 Years’ experience in Depot Operations Management
- Health Safety and Environment Certification is an added advantage
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Tools
Deadline: 28th February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com
- Applicants are to state job title as subject of the email
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.