GVA Partners – Our client, a large Bank, Lagos, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Infrastructure Specialist
- Accountable for the following systems: Linux and Windows (both physical and virtual) systems that support LAN infrastructure; Linux, Windows and Application systems that support security and email systems
- Responsibilities on these systems include installation, engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and research and development
- Analysing system logs and identifying potential issues with computer systems.
- Introducing and integrating new technologies into existing data center environments.
- Performing routine audits of systems and software.
- Performing backups.
- Applying operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
- Installing and configuring new hardware and software (e.g. database systems).
- Adding, removing, or updating user account information, resetting passwords, etc.
- Answering technical queries and dealing with often frustrated users.
- Responsibility for security.
- Responsibility for documenting the configuration of the system.
- Troubleshooting any reported problems.
- System performance tuning.
- The ideal candidate will responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure
- Also ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners
- He will assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of the company’s standard Project Methodology (SDLC)
- These activities include: the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle
- Ensuring that the network infrastructure is up and running.
- Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Unix and Microsoft (preferred);
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- B.Sc Degree in Computer Science, Engineering discipline, Mathematics or Physics will be a distinct advantage.
- Minimum of 4+ years post National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) in server/desktop administration; experience within an exchange or financial services organization preferred
- CISCO CCIE full certification (written and Lab Exam) (Required)
Deadline: 19th February, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV’s in MS Word format with Cover Letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Infrastructure Specialist” as the subject of e-mail.
Note: Only applications with CCIE (written and LAB) Certifications will be considered.