Recruitment for Registered Nurse at the American University of Nigeria (AUN)
The American University of Nigeria (AUN) was established in 2003. The institution was conceived as Africa’s first Development University. Its mission is to pioneer service learning and build leaders who will be prepared to tackle societal concerns. Located in Yola, Adamawa State, the University is a world-class career-oriented institution missioned to be an agent of change in the development of the region. AUN has a strong commitment to providing the skills and the leadership essential to solving the continent’s critical social and economic problems.
The American University of Nigeria, Yola, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates in the position below, this position is opened to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria:
Job Title: Registered Nurse
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Department: AUN Clinic
Summary of Position
- The Nurse at the AUN Clinic shall work with the team at the clinic directly under the Chief Administrator AUN Clinic to provide clinical and medical support for the doctor and to the patients at the AUN Clinic to ensure the Health & Wellness of students and all other members of the AUN Community. This is a full time position.
- One(1) to three (3) years of direct work experience
- Basic Nursing Ethic
- Ability to undertake self-directed tasks when necessary.
- Flexible with time.
- Nursing Certificate
- Valid License to practice/Nursing registration
- Ability to learn
- Attention to detail.
- Capacity to prioritize by assessing situations to determine urgency.
Other Requirements, Abilities for the Position:
- Skill in developing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality
- Knowledge of and ability to apply professional medical principles, procedures, and techniques
- Knowledge of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills along with proper telephone etiquette
- Tactfulness and professionalism
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
Deadline: 7th March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and references to: email@example.com The position being applied for should be the subject of the mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status.