Rovedana Limited – Our client is a leading pan-African bank with operations in various countries across the continent.
They are a full-service bank that provide wholesale, retail, investment and transactional banking services to governments, financial institutions, multinationals, local companies, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and individuals.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Collection and Recovery Officer
Locations: Lagos, Oyo, Abuja & Kano
- We are currently recruiting “Collection and Recovery Officer – Commercial Banking” across various locations in Nigeria for our client. They will be responsible for recovery and possible restructuring of Commercial Bank loans.
- A good University Degree (B.Sc.) with a minimum of 2:2 or HND with a minimum of Lower Credit in any discipline.
- Good knowledge of Foreign exchange related issues
- Database Management.
- Ensure all budgeted items are not exceeded
- Undertake regular and frequent calls, site visits, follow-ups to implement remedial strategies and action plans agreed with Team Lead, Challenged Assets & Recovery.
- Initiate demand and reminding letters to all defaulting customers and review all credit files for proper documentation and monitoring.
- Obtain background information on all accounts assigned to the Challenged Assets & Recovery Team and especially customer information etc…
- Follow up on major debtors accounts assigned to ensure recoveries through calls, demand notices or any other appropriate means.
- Monitors Recovery Agents to ensure accounts assigned to them are fully recovered.
- Prompt identification of unauthorized balances and follow up with branches on early warning and remedial action on newly created PDOs in the branch.
- Monitoring and Recovering of PDO’s /Expired CMB loans in the branches.
- Recovery of fully provisioned or written-off credit exposure and rehabilitate other impaired credit.
- Ensure that properties, equipment and inventories hold by the bank are properly insured.
- Recommend accounts for classifications and declassifications and accounts to be written-off with justification.
- Daily call memo and progress reports on negotiations with debtors in respect of repayment of indebtedness.
- Negotiations/meetings with customers who want loan work out options such as refinancing, rescheduling and restructuring
- Preparation of approval requests to management for negotiated settlements and follow up until account is fully settled and the balance written off.
- Follow up on sale of securities deposited for collateral alongside the legal department after other remedial strategies have been exhausted
- Follow up on release of security documents for NPLs which have been fully regularized
- Preparation and recommendation of strategies for recoveries on major assigned accounts to the Team Lead.
- Collection on accounts assigned at the beginning of the year to ensure full repayment.
- Give priority attention to regularize outstanding legal and documentation issues on assigned portfolio.
- Liaise with external solicitors to ensure that cases referred to them for legal action are handled with efficiency.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online