FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Response Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full time
- Leads the organization’s humanitarian response activities at the field level, providing leadership to ensure rapid, scale-able and high-quality response.
- Serves as the lead senior representative in the field.
- Primary responsibilities are to manage and support all activities for potential sites.
- Manages all project related activities while ensuring internationally accepted practices of care and treatment are followed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent in Economics, Education, Environment, Health, Human Development, Information Science, International Development, Social Sciences or Related Field.
- Master or other advanced degree preferred.
- Certification and/or Degree in logistics and/or supply-chain management preferred.
- Typically requires 5-8 leading complex on-site emergency response projects and/or programs.
- Experience establishing startup operations/projects in new countries preferred.
- Proficiency with database management software and on-line search tools required. Certification in project management preferred.
- Experience implementing programs for the Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA) and State/PRM required.
- Knowledge and application of Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS), Sphere standards and Red Cross/NGO Code of Conduct.
- Has sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned areas.
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private company of progressive program management experience in humanitarian assistance or related industry experience in a relevant technical area.
- Oversee on-site humanitarian response including management of programs, personnel, logistics, security, fundraising, external representation and transition planning.
- Manage and mentor field staff including technical leads, HR, logistics, grants and administration, finance, monitoring and evaluation, and others at the field level to create a strong foundation for emergency programming.
- Lead, oversee and coordinate field assessments of emergency needs and develop a response strategy in collaboration with host country government, the UN system, other humanitarian organizations and the Crisis Response Team (CRT), as well as Regional and Country management teams as appropriate.
- Design, develop, resource (people and funds) and implement emergency response programs that meet the near and longer-term program objectives needs of an affected community.
- Oversee quality and consistency of programs through on-site monitoring to ensure and enhance program effectiveness and quality.
- Advocate with and/or advise peer agencies, local governments, donors and other stakeholders to influence responses to promote delivery of inclusive and high-quality humanitarian services.
- Oversee and ensure compliance with FHI 360 policy, procedures and practices throughout the program; recommend country or emergency specific policy/procedures as required.
- Coordinate with country office (if applicable) and Headquarters (HQ) to troubleshoot any issues; make recommendations for corrective actions
- Provides technical support and manages protection support activities for three project sites.
- Provides technical guidance in the development and dissemination of tools, protocols and interventions for protection support.
- Provides technical guidance and capacity strengthening for field project site Protection Officers, caseworkers, and community volunteers.
- Conducts analysis of program implementation to identify areas for improvement and propose appropriate technical strategy and guidelines.
- Provides leadership and team building.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This job description above summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties.
- This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment.
- Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.