Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Project Coordinator-Nigerian Joint Response Phase 4 (PC_NJR4)
Qualifications and Experience
- M.A / M.Sc level (or equivalent field experience) in the applied and aid-related sciences
- Experience with M&E, and implementing learning and beneficiary accountability in a large complex program as well as reporting on grants from institutional donors
- Experience of negotiating, developing and implementing successful partnerships with multiple stakeholders
- Proven ability to influence change at an operational and strategic levels
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- A high level of written and spoken English
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and values of Save the Children (SC). In particular, a good understanding of the SC’s mandate and child-focus, and the ability to ensure this always underpins the support provided.
- Extensive experience working (including in a management role) in complex country programs in an emergency response or fragile state
- Previous experience of managing teams in large-scale emergency response
- Previous experience in a similar role
- At least 5 years of humanitarian experience
- Previous experience working in NE Nigeria
- The Consortium Coordinator would work under the supervision of SC’s Humanitarian Director and in collaboration with SC Netherlands and relevant colleagues in partner NJR INGOs, to provide oversight, ensure complementarity, collaborative impact and reduced duplication, manage joint and collaborative activities, ensure monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning, and quality implementation of the program
- S/he will also lead on effective financial and operational management of the coordination work plan and budget.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
Note: Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.