Siemens, is an Integrated Technology Company. The business activities of our Energy, Health care, Industry and Infrastructure & Cities Sectors have enabled us to capture leading market and technology positions worldwide. Technological excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and international focus have been our hallmarks for 165 years, making us strong and linking us to our shareholders, employees and customers as a partner of trust.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Job ID: 292869
Location: Portharcourt, Rivers
- The business development manager would take up the role of developing business opportunities and innovative concepts for the Siemens Nigeria Power Services Organisation and would also be responsible for Nigerian content development topics
Business Development Responsibilities:
- Ensures continuous analyses and design of strategic positioning of the business overall, and advices on long term development of the product, service or solutions portfolio.
- Ensures development of business plans and ensures effective controlling of the target setting processes, BTAs, and quarterly reviews.
- Steers and coordinates preparation and implementation of strategic planning, investment strategies, regional and national market research (incl. execution of strategic benchmarking), etc.
- Initiates strategic external growth initiatives and steers or coordinates respective alliances/ partnerships in defined businesses, markets or regions.
- Initiates and manages Strategy consulting projects, and the development and implementation of strategic business management and analysis tools.
- Monitors and reviews cooperation with external service providers, and monitors progress, budget adherence and results generated.
- Designs and coordinates/aligns strategy, guidelines and business plans, in support of Siemens Power Services
- Acts a trusted advisor for Siemens Power Services top management, in all strategic aspects, in order to identify and follow up on future business opportunities.
- Supports the development and implementation of superior business strategies, guidelines and roadmaps.
- Performs strategic analysis and planning on a broad range of topics (i.e. market analysis, competitor assessment, growth opportunity identification, sales channels, target customers, etc.).
- Provides information support for new strategy development on assigned projects
- Evaluates and presents overview of customers, stakeholders and partners and proposes appropriate CRM engagement plans.
- Manages the organization, coordination and implementation of assigned business initiatives.
Local Content Responsibilities:
- Development of the company’s NC plan
- Custodian of client NC plan once approved, with consistent update on implementation and monitoring of strategies agreed.
- Build professional relationship with key personnel in all assigned entities / accounts
- Follow up on a daily basis with all required project or tendering information across clients with focus on NC plans and requirements.
- Provide documentation and data to support client’s NC business plan
- Clear understanding of organizational protocol for all companies and Governmental and Non-Governmental Bodies having direct and indirect influence on implementation of client’s plans.
- Develop and drive strategy for achievement of key performance indicators in the Guidelines for Nigerian Content Development
- Stay up to date on trends within the industry focused on Local Content Development
- Collaborate with Sales team to ensure that all offers or proposals are Local Content compliant
- Liaise with the all the involved functions, in particular Legal, HR and Finance in ensuring compliance with the provisions of the Nigerian Oil & Gas Industry Content Act.
- To coordinate and manage on a daily basis the activities of the following accounts:
- PETAN, NAPIMS, DPR, NCD, NIPEX or any new Governmental Body so created with impact to the Oil & Gas industry.
- Provide support for Power Services Business to ensure 100% compliance to the Nigerian local content laws
- Respond to all enquiries and resolve all issues regarding exceptions to the Local Content Development law and ensure compliance with processes regarding Local Content Development
- Build relationships key government agencies such as NAPIMS, DPR, NNPC and NCD Monitoring Board or any agency as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Business /Law/ Technology related course.
- Occasional travel out of the country will also be required especially to accompany client representatives on trips, etc.
- Will also be expected to entertain clients’ and report such covered persons so entertained.
- Good knowledge and good understanding of Business Development tools, methodologies and techniques.
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.
- Excellent command of the English language
- Ability to speak and writing German Language will be added advantage
- Analytical, creative, outside-the-box thinker with excellent presentation and writing skills
- Good interpersonal skills and intercultural sensitivity
- 10 years minimum oil and gas experience, of which the last 5 years must have been spent in a business development / client relationship management role within the Nigerian oilfield at a supervisory or management level.
- MBA will be an added advantage
- Good knowledge of the Nigeria market, its structure, stakeholders and trends
- Relevant Local Content Law experience in the oil and gas industry
- A sound working knowledge of the Nigerian Local Content Law
- In-depth understanding of the Oil and Gas legal regime
- Must have experience in actively interfacing with government regulatory agencies
- Based in Abuja or Lagos and covering NIPEX, DPR and NAPIMS from there, will travel frequently throughout the country especially to Abuja (NNPC), Bayelsa (NCD), Port-Harcourt and Benin (NPDC) to visit clients’ offices and manage accounts as required.
- Knowledgeability in the Nigerian Content (NC) Act and its impact on the oil services sector will be a major consideration.