University of Port Harcourt 2017/2018 Admissions into Graduate Programmes
Admissions into Graduate Programmes for the 2017/2018 Academic Session
About the Programme
- The Graduate Programmes are run by the Institute of Engineering, Technology and Innovation Management (METI) of the University of Port Harcourt through a cooperative arrangement with the Graduate School of Technology Management of the University of Pretoria, South Africa.
- These are professional programmes which aim to provide Science, Engineering, and Technology-oriented graduates with sound and sustainable management principles to engender appropriate behavioural preferences that will promote successful scientific, engineering and technology-related ventures.
- The curricula for the programmes emphasize the significance of Networking of Systems of Innovation. Learning will be facilitated by lecturers from the University of Port Harcourt, University of Pretoria, as well as experts drawn from the industry and the public service both within Nigeria and other countries of the world
- Each domain programme consists of six common and two elective courses, plus a substantive research project. Each module is delivered in a block-release mode, moderated by international external examiners
- On completion of a programme of study, each graduate should, among other skills, be able to:
- Conduct due diligence, risk and techno-economic evaluation and valuation of Science, Engineering and Technology (SET) situations.
- Supervise and manage multidisciplinary Science, Engineering and Technology projects
- Adopt innovative approaches towards sustainable management of Science, Engineering and Technology facilities.
- Master of Engineering (M.Eng) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Engineering Management
- Master of Science (M.Sc.), Master of Engineering (M.Eng) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Technology Management
Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Management:
- Master of Science (MSc.) and Master of Engineering (M.Eng) in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Management.
General Admission Requirements
- Candidates for admission must possess Ordinary Level Credit Passes in Five subjects, including English Language, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry; and any one of: Further Mathematics, Technical Drawing, Biology and Agricultural Science.
- Candidates for admission into any of the Ph.D Degree Programmes must possess the Master’s Degree in the relevant area from the University of Port Harcourt or any other recognised University, with an average Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 4.00 on a 5-point scale or 3.20 on a 4-point scale (corresponding to an average score of a B Grade)
- In addition, the candidates must score at least 60% in the Ph.D admission interview and should possess a minimum of 5 years working experience in supervisory positions in the private or public sector.
Requirements for Masters (M.Sc/M.Eng) Programme
- Candidates for admission into any of the Master’s Degree Programmes must possess a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree, with Second Class Honours, Upper Division (2.1) in Engineering or Technology
- Consideration may be given to sponsored employees who pssess Second Class Honours, Lower Division with CGPA well above 3.00 on a 5-point scale and a minimum of 5 years working experience in a supervisory position.
Duration of Programme:
- M.Sc. and M.Eng programmes may be completed in a minimum of 24 months
- The Ph.D programme, on the other hand, may be completed in not less than 36 months.
Award of Degrees:
- Depending on entry qualifications and programme of study, a successful candidate shall receive the M.Sc. or M.Eng or Ph.D awarded by the University of Port Harcourt.
Deadline: 30th March, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should obtain their Application Forms from:
METI Office, Room 321 (2nd Floor),
ETF Building, University Park,
University of Port Harcourt,
- A non-refundable application fee of N20,000.00 (Twenty Thousand Naira) in certified bank draft or by electronic transfer should be made payable to Institute of Engineering, Technology and Innovation Management, University of Port Harcourt.
All completed Application Forms with Bank Drafts or evidence of e-transfer must be returned to:
University of Port Harcourt,