Bridge International Academies is the world’s largest and fastest-growing chain of primary and pre-primary schools with more than 400 academies and 120,000 pupils in Kenya and Uganda. We democratize the right to succeed by giving families living in poverty access to the high-quality education that will allow their children to live a very different life.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Schools
Bridge International Academies is seeking a Director of Schools to drive the “front of house” operations at our Academies in Nigeria.
Do you believe that every child deserves the same quality of education no matter where they live, or who their parents are? Do you think that we need innovation in education? Do you want to challenge the status quo? Then join us!
We are looking for passionate, dedicated and energetic people to join our rapidly growing organisation. If you believe in our mission and are looking for a fast-paced, always changing working environment with room to grow and learn, we are looking for you!
About the Role
This is an incredibly fast paced job, working to ensure a positive experience across all touch-points over the course of our customers’ lifecycle (for as long as their child/ children are enrolled at a Bridge academy). This role will involve close work with the Operations Director, who is responsible for all “back of house” operations such as but not limited to quality assurance (our data-driven field based audit and monitoring team) or customer care (our call center serving both as the support hub for our academy manager, teachers and parents).
For this role, we need someone who’s willing to put their head down and get to work. This is an incredibly fast-paced and absorbing role that will ask a lot of you but it will also be personally rewarding in that you will see the impact of your efforts first hand. This is a senior level position and we are looking for someone with 10+ years of experience.
Scale – up experience, managing people that you will not always be able to physically see and “bricks & mortar” experience is a must!
What You Should Have:
- 10+ Years of Professional Experience: Bonus if you’ve worked in retail and/or sales in low income communities.
- Passion for Execution: Demonstrated experience in making things happen. No task or challenge is too big for you and you are able to find a way to get things done!
- Experience Overseeing Large Teams: You are a people person and are comfortable with the entire employee lifecycle (hiring, onboarding & managing). Ideally, you will have created and successfully led large teams in retail or sales spread across a large geography.
- Ability to Manage under Pressure: Our team has a culture of fast paced thinking and we expect the person in this role to be able to handle changing priorities and stay calm under the pressure of executing well in short timelines.
- A Strong Belief in our Mission: We believe we are making a real impact in the lives of children across the developing world by democratizing their right to reach their potential.
- Experience Engaging Low Income Community: We need someone who has the humility and comfort to engage our parents. Our parents are aspiring to give their kids a great education and we need someone who’ll engage them with respect and integrity.
- Excellent English.
As the Director of Schools, we expect you to:
- Ensure customer satisfaction to retain existing parents
- Manage and train our Academy Management vertical (regional managers, area managers & Academy Managers).
- Most of all – ensure that Bridge consistently lives up to our promise of ensuring Knowledge for all
- Drive pupil growth to increase financial sustainability
- Introduce Bridge and launch Academies in new communities