Bradfield Consulting Limited – Our client, a reputable and prestigious private University located in Ogun State is seeking to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal Librarian
- The principal librarian would be responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the Administration of the University Library and coordination of all Library services in the University, (in the Main Library and in Libraries across all campuses of the University).
- Candidate must possess a good honours degree plus a minimum of a Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from a recognized University with a minimum of 9 years post qualification work experience and at least 8 publications.
- Proficiency in the use of a computer, including applications such as Word, Excel, Internet Research and email communication, as well as relevant software, is required.
- Ensure the smooth running of the libraries in the University.
- Responsible for establishing Policy of Library exchange.
- Prepares Library budgets.
- Frames the overall Library Policy, Personal contacts and liaises with departments.
- Responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the Administration of the University Library and coordination of all Library services in the University, (in the Main Library and in Libraries across all campuses of the University).
- Makes proposals from time-to-time for the modernization and updating of the diversified forms of research.
- Encourages and facilities usage of the library by developing information tools on the library collection and facilities.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online