Vacancy for Clinical Officer at Care International
Care International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We works in 94 countries around the world to support over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Clinical Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Initial contract duration: 9 months (extendable)
Working conditions: 100% in Field
Under the supervision of the SRH Manager/ Project Manager, the Clinical Officer will have the following responsibilities:
- Make monthly stock inventories of products and equipment
- Contribute to the organization of training sessions for providers
- Contribute to the preparation of assessment and monitoring missions
- Make regular assessments of the clinical competencies of the forms providers and develop coaching plans for the non-proficient providers.
- Work closely with the GP or Project Manager and the Community Engagement Assistant to identify and integrate the best approaches to project implementation.
- Prepare reports of quality activities within the allotted time and submit them to the GP / CP
- Ensure that the best practices identified during the analysis of the results, during the supervisory and exchange meetings, are disseminated and applied in all the FOSAs supported
- Maintain good relations with the AOSOs supported
- Participate in the development of new projects
- Participate in the development of budgets and expenditure plans.
- Provide technical assistance and ensure quality implementation of the program, monitoring and evaluation of sexual and reproductive health activities in the FOSAs supported
- Develop a work plan for the activities to be implemented
- Conduct monthly Facilitating Supervisions of the FOSA in collaboration with the Health District Executive Team
- Ensure the regular collection of data in the supported FOSAs, compile in the database clinical data and analysis of the data collected in order to make recommendations to the supported health structures and the Project Manager / GP
- Participate in monthly tripartite meetings bringing together FOSA providers, community facilitators, CARE staff and the Health District to analyze the data, identify the difficulties encountered and help them find solutions
- Ensure that the FOSA have the stocks necessary for the supply of services and that there is no stock shortage
Profile of the Candidate
- IDE, Midwife or TSSI
- Post-graduate training in public health is an asset (University Degree)
- DMU / SR Training, Family Planning and Post-Abortion Care is an asset
- Training in project planning, monitoring and evaluation is an asset.
- 3-5 years experience in clinical medical practice
- Previous experience in reproductive health is an asset
- Previous experience in supporting health structures is an asset
- Experience working for refugees and / or displaced populations in an international NGO is desirable.
Knowledge and skills:
- Mastery of national R & D policy
- Mastery of the following computer tools: world, Excel, PowerPoint, internet
- Ability to plan training sessions, provide formative supervision, monitoring and evaluation of medical activities
- Ability to ensure quality data collection, compile and analyze data to formulate relevant recommendations
- Ability to write quality reports in French and submit them on time
- Disciplined, organized, respect for deadlines, adaptation in a multicultural working environment, tolerance, respect for CARE’s core values and gender.
Deadline: 7th March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and detailed CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indicate clearly in the subject line of the email the position you are applying for (in Caps)
- Save your CV with your name before attaching it
- CARE strongly encourage women to apply
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.