Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation Nigeria (MGIC) is a non-profit affiliate of UMB with a mission to administratively support international operations of UMB Principal Investigators. Our purpose is to provide the administrative infrastructure for sizable and sustained operations outside of the U.S.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer, ( NPHIIA) Projects in Six geopolitical Zones
Locations: North Central, North East, North West, South East, South South, South West
Duration: One Year, with the possibility of renewal subject to the availability of fund.
- B.Sc Accounting or its equivalent + 2 years’ experience in finance and accounting practice.
- The NPHIA finance officer will be responsible for coordinating financial activities within a geopolitical zone
- Ensures timely processing of payment requests i.e. Travel advances, expense reports, workshop per diems, vendor invoices etc.
- Ensure timely payment of all field expense and reimbursments in compliance with organizations supporting document requirement
- Ensure adequate financial internal control systems including verifying transactions, reconciling balances on a weekly basis.
- Manage the account receivables to ensure balances are current and at acceptable levels.
- Maintain the accounts payables and monitor payments & outstanding balances.
- Ensure timely payment and submission of withholding taxes including annual remittance of tax returns.
- Maintain audit ready-financial documentation.
- Data entry of transactions into QuickBooks (Accounting software) for FM’s review.
- Review and ensure completeness of all payments and other financial records
- Work closely with the FM in preparing bi monthly pipeline and spend plan report for the NPHIA project
- Monthly bank reconciliations.
- As part of internal controls, periodically reviews the accuracy, validity, legitimacy of randomly selected field expenses and make recommendations including supporting the internal/external auditors as required.
- Oversee an efficient document filing and archival system both in hard and electronic formats.
- Regular and timely scanning of transaction document to Country program office and HQ.
- Ensuring timely and accurate preparation of Payment vouchers.
- Any other duty that may be assigned to him/her by the supervisor
Deadline: 6th February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online